Quantcast

x-load version 1.5.0 from Sept 16

Chris Whittenburg
The x-load that came burned in the nand of my firestorm is 1.5.0,
compiled on Sept 16.

The latest factory image from cumulus seems to be from Aug 29/30.
Using this xload, I don't get reliable startup of gumstix.  It will
eventually work if I reset it enough times, but mostly it just prints
a few characters of garbage, then sits there quietly.

The nand x-load, from the more recent date, doesn't seem to have any problems.

Where there any patches to x-load to create the sept 16 version?

thanks.

Re: x-load version 1.5.0 from Sept 16

JamesAng
Hi,

Try "bitbake x-load" and then "bitbake u-boot".

Both should fetch from Steve's repo at (sakoman.com) and build the latest stable releases into your deploy folder.

James.

Re: x-load version 1.5.0 from Sept 16

Chris Whittenburg
But, I think that doesn't necessarily equate to the current shipping
factory images.

I believe they should be at:
http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/angstrom/factory/

But those don't seem to match what was shipped with my units.

thanks.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 9:35 PM, JamesAng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try "bitbake x-load" and then "bitbake u-boot".
>
> Both should fetch from Steve's repo at (sakoman.com) and build the latest
> stable releases into your deploy folder.
>
> James.

Re: x-load version 1.5.0 from Sept 16

ashcharles
Hi Chris,

The 16 Sept. version of x-load is built to include this patch:
http://www.sakoman.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=x-loader.git;a=commit;h=9d41a821cfb9f271ece3468c7c67b4bcd688b8dc

The missing i2c_init causes an indeterminate start-up hence the unreliable boot.

Thanks for letting me know that this binary is missing from the
factory images page; I've added the binary and included a note here:
http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/angstrom/factory/2011-08-30-1058/
-Ash