Quantcast

where to change default ip address

kris duff
Hello,

I am building my custom image based on gumstix-console-image.

I want to change the default ip address (from dhcp to static).

Where will I find the /etc/network/interfaces original file so I could apply a patch ?

Thank you

Kris

Re: where to change default ip address

Simon Knopp
Hi Kris,

You can use `opkg search` for finding what package a file is provided by. In this case it's netbase (at least in my pre-yocto build).

Simon.

On 18/01/14 06:54, kris duff wrote:
Hello,

I am building my custom image based on gumstix-console-image.

I want to change the default ip address (from dhcp to static).

Where will I find the /etc/network/interfaces original file so I could apply a patch ?

Thank you

Kris

Re: where to change default ip address

Scott Ellis
I think multiple packages might provide it.

As Kris suggested, opkg search is your best bet.

For my Yocto 1.5 images, where I included the init-ifupdown package

root@duovero:~# opkg search /etc/network/interfaces
init-ifupdown - 1.0-r4