Quantcast

trouble with the wifi turn on automatically

trouble with the wifi turn on automatically

paularnab
Hi

I am a using gumstix overo firestrom COM and the pre-installed angstrom OS. I have set up the /etc/network/interfaces file and the wpa_supplicant.conf file to turn on wifi automatically. Right now the wifi can be turned on in two ways only:

1.software reboot
or
2.using command from terminal

But the problem is the wifi does not get on when i power up the device. So i couldn't access to the device using wifi unless turning the wifi on using serial cable . Did anyone face similar problem?
Gus

Re: trouble with the wifi turn on automatically

Gus
Hi,

you have to add an initialization script as described in this thread (step 2 of Nick Starzicki's message) to turn on properly your wifi connection during the boot. I had the same problem before and now it works perfectly...

Regards,

Gus

Re: trouble with the wifi turn on automatically

paularnab
Thank you so much. It worked!

<http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/WiFi-problems-td564654.html>   (step 2 of