tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

caker137
I am hoping someone has gotten the tiny caspa camera to work on a gumstix overo.  I can't seem to find documentation for o/s support of this camera.  I have tried fido and krogoth branches, of gumstix/yocto but nothing I've tried even detects the camera.

The only real clues I find are here:
https://github.com/adam-lee/ov7692-omap3/blob/master/README
which states that there was an experimental driver 18 months ago.  I was hoping the camera had gotten some mainstream support since feb 2016

I have been able to get the old caspa (MT9V032) camera to work just fine, but support for the tiny caspa (OV7692) is either undocumented or non-existent.

I'm currently working with a overo ironstorm-Y and using the yocto image built with these instructions (and used menuconfig to add in the ov7692 driver):  https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

Gumstix mailing list
It looks like the OV7692 driver has been removed from the morty branch.  Does
this mean the camera is no longer supported on gumstix?

Re: tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

caker137
It looks like the OV7692 driver has been removed from the morty branch.  Does this mean the camera is no longer supported on gumstix?

Re: tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

Gumstix mailing list
Hi,

The OV7692 is supported and we will have support on Morty.  Our Morty
support is currently under development, we just haven't gotten to that
particular device yet.

As for the older branches, there is some support (camera doesn't work
perfectly though), I'm not sure why you're having problems.  We will look
into it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

Andrew C. Smith

Andrew

Re: tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

Gumstix mailing list
Thanks Andrew,

Andrew C. Smith wrote
> As for the older branches, there is some support (camera doesn't work
> perfectly though), I'm not sure why you're having problems.

With Krogoth, I have added the ov7692 driver as a module in menuconfig.
modprobe ov7692 loads the driver, but does nothing.  modprobe omap3-isp
looks for the MT9v032, which works with the old caspa camera, but fails out
if the new camera is attached instead.

Should I be loading some other driver with modprobe to read the ov7692?

Re: tiny caspa - anyone got it working on overo?

Gumstix mailing list
We should have an update on this shortly.  We're reorganizing our software
distribution, the tiny caspa driver will be confirmed once it's deployed.

Sorry about the delay.

Andrew