Quantcast

storage - usb vs mmc

hobbesc7
I'm streaming and recording video from a USB encoder, and storing it on the Gumstix (my OS is on the NAND, so card slot is not being used for the OS.)  I'm considering a USB hub and a USB card reader, because I could place the reader physically further away from the Gumstix, which in my application is not very accessible.  What do people think would be more robust and reliable for continuously recording video to an SD card -- the onboard slot on the Tobi, or a USB reader?  Any other ideas for removable storage?