/sbin/ldconfig called by make

Robert Dodier
Administrator
Hello,

I am working with buildroot r1545. Yes, buildroot is superseded by OE and
r1545 is somewhat out of date. Unfortunately I can't devote the time
to switch over to OE right now.

Towards the end of the build process, just before creating the filesystem
image, make calls /sbin/ldconfig, and SE (security enhanced) Linux
notices that and disallows it. The error doesn't seem to be fatal;
make ignores the error and eventually creates the filesystem, and the
created filesystem works OK.

But I'd like to clear up the error if possible. Shouldn't ldconfig be called
from somewhere in the Gumstix toolchain?

Thanks for any insight.

Robert Dodier