Quantcast

problem connect gumstix via kermit

evyg11
Hi!

I have a project with gumstix that connect to iRobot Create. I try to connect the gumstix and my pc (ubuntu 10.10) via kermit and configure with the lines:

set carrier-watch off
set speed 115200
set file type bin
set reliable
fast
set flow-control none
set rec pack 4096
set send pack 4096
set window 5
set prefixing all

but when I write "connect" I get the next lines:

Connecting to /dev/ttyUSB0, speed 115200
 Escape character: Ctrl-\ (ASCII 28, FS): enabled
Type the escape character followed by C to get back,
or followed by ? to see other options.

and I can't write anything after this. What can I do?

Thanks..

Re: problem connect gumstix via kermit

dtkav
The behavior you are describing means you are connected.
The gumstix is likely waiting at the login prompt so there is nothing being sent to you.

make sure you connect the usb serial interface and connect with kermit _before_ you apply power to the board.

hopefully this helps :)

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: problem connect gumstix via kermit

golgobot
Actually I have the same problem and I've definitely followed the directions and plugged in the power after I've connected. I also can't get the boot messages in Putty either. Do you fix your problem? If so, can you explain what you did?