Quantcast

overo wlan0 get up without antenna ...

kris duff
Hi,

I have a problem with an overo board.

In one office, my gumstix is able to connect to the corporate wifi and it gets an IP address (even without antenny connected). The image is the standard (gumstix-console-image).

There is no configuration in wpa_supplicant.

I would like to know which service I must disable to stop the wlan0 to get up ?

Thank you

Kris

Re: overo wlan0 get up without antenna ...

kris duff
Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your help, exactly what I was looking for.

Regards

Kris

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:18 PM, Nicholas S. Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

#!/bin/sh

#Disable Bluetooth by holding it in reset
#  GPIO 164 is nReset
echo 164 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio164/direction
echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio164/value

#shutdown the WIFI
rfkill block wlan

Nicholas Wieder

In one office, my gumstix is able to connect to the corporate wifi and it gets an IP address (even without antenny connected). The image is the standard (gumstix-console-image).

There is no configuration in wpa_supplicant.

I would like to know which service I must disable to stop the wlan0 to get up ?

Thank you

Kris

NOTICE: This electronic communication, (including any attachments) is intended exclusively for the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. It may contain sensitive, restricted, or proprietary information. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Furthermore, this communication may contain technical information that is subject to U.S. Export Control Laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Dept. of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR). If so, transfer to a foreign national or representative of a foreign government or interest, even in the U.S., without prior Government authorization is prohibited and violation of such Export Control Laws is subject to significant penalties. If you have received this communication in error, please notify its sender immediately by replying and then permanently delete this communication from your IT system.  ­­