Quantcast

opkg repo are empty in current repo image

opkg repo are empty in current repo image

kris duff
Hi,

I have built the gumstix-console-image with the latest version software.

I'm trying to install task-native-sdk to natively compile on the gumstix (overo).

I added the opkg package in the image and now there is no repo in  /etc/opkg/*.conf

I know where is the repo, so I did manually the update, but how can I add the configuration file in the image when I bitbake it ?

Thank you!

Re: opkg repo are empty in current repo image

Ash Charles
The opkg repositories are still as given here:
http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html

We've got a newer zypper repository here:
http://package-cache.gumstix.org/ for use with the current yocto
images (https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/blob/danny/recipes-extended/zypper/zypper/gumstix.repo)

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM, kris duff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have built the gumstix-console-image with the latest version software.
>
> I'm trying to install task-native-sdk to natively compile on the gumstix
> (overo).
>
> I added the opkg package in the image and now there is no repo in
> /etc/opkg/*.conf
>
> I know where is the repo, so I did manually the update, but how can I add
> the configuration file in the image when I bitbake it ?
>
> Thank you!

Re: opkg repo are empty in current repo image

JamesAng
Hi Ash,

Is there an updated page for using Zypper as the Package Management Tool for Yocto image?

Thanks.

James Ang.

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Ash Charles <[hidden email]> wrote:
The opkg repositories are still as given here:
http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html

We've got a newer zypper repository here:
http://package-cache.gumstix.org/ for use with the current yocto
images (https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/blob/danny/recipes-extended/zypper/zypper/gumstix.repo)

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM, kris duff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built the gumstix-console-image with the latest version software.
>
> I'm trying to install task-native-sdk to natively compile on the gumstix
> (overo).
>
> I added the opkg package in the image and now there is no repo in
> /etc/opkg/*.conf
>
> I know where is the repo, so I did manually the update, but how can I add
> the configuration file in the image when I bitbake it ?
>
> Thank you!

James

Re: opkg repo are empty in current repo image

adam
Good morning James,

I was able to find a cheat sheet on Zypper for the Debian/Ubuntu users: http://lilypond.org/blog/jan/openSUSE-HOWTO

If this isn't what you were looking for, let me know!

Adam

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM, James Ang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ash,

Is there an updated page for using Zypper as the Package Management Tool for Yocto image?

Thanks.

James Ang.

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Ash Charles <[hidden email]> wrote:
The opkg repositories are still as given here:
http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html

We've got a newer zypper repository here:
http://package-cache.gumstix.org/ for use with the current yocto
images (https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/blob/danny/recipes-extended/zypper/zypper/gumstix.repo)

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM, kris duff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built the gumstix-console-image with the latest version software.
>
> I'm trying to install task-native-sdk to natively compile on the gumstix
> (overo).
>
> I added the opkg package in the image and now there is no repo in
> /etc/opkg/*.conf
>
> I know where is the repo, so I did manually the update, but how can I add
> the configuration file in the image when I bitbake it ?
>
> Thank you!

James

Re: opkg repo are empty in current repo image

JamesAng
Good day Adam,

Is using Zypper much better than the Opkg tool as before?

It would be helpful if the page at Gumstix has an updated section on the use of Zypper and a short comparison note on the pitfalls against each of them.

Thanks.

James Ang.

adam wrote
Good morning James,

I was able to find a cheat sheet on Zypper for the Debian/Ubuntu users:
http://lilypond.org/blog/jan/openSUSE-HOWTO

If this isn't what you were looking for, let me know!

Adam

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM, James Ang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ash,
>
> Is there an updated page for using Zypper as the Package Management Tool
> for Yocto image?
>
> Thanks.
>
> James Ang.
>

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Ash Charles <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The opkg repositories are still as given here:
>> http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html
>>
>> We've got a newer zypper repository here:
>> http://package-cache.gumstix.org/ for use with the current yocto
>> images (
>> https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/blob/danny/recipes-extended/zypper/zypper/gumstix.repo
>> )
>>
>> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM, kris duff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have built the gumstix-console-image with the latest version software.
>> >
>> > I'm trying to install task-native-sdk to natively compile on the gumstix
>> > (overo).
>> >
>> > I added the opkg package in the image and now there is no repo in
>> > /etc/opkg/*.conf
>> >
>> > I know where is the repo, so I did manually the update, but how can I
>> add
>> > the configuration file in the image when I bitbake it ?
>> >
>> > Thank you!

Re: opkg repo are empty in current repo image

jzawodn
Ash Charles wrote
Hm.  How does one configure it?

I tried:

---snip---

root@overo:~# zypper addrepo http://package-cache.gumstix.org/
If only one argument is used, it must be a URI pointing to a .repo file.
addrepo (ar) [options] <URI> <alias>
addrepo (ar) [options] <file.repo>

Add a repository to the sytem. The repository can be specified by its URI or can be read from specified .repo file (even remote).

---snip---

But it seems that I need to point it at a .repo file.  Guessing gumstix.repo (based on that other link you provided):

---snip---

root@overo:~# zypper addrepo http://package-cache.gumstix.org/gumstix.repo
File '/gumstix.repo' not found on medium 'http://package-cache.gumstix.org/'

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/?] (a):