I'm trying to implement a software update system for our proprietary software where the ipk files are automatically fetched, then the user is provided a web interface to select a version and apply it. I am using PHP to execute opkg, but things aren't working right.
At first, the package would not install because it didn't like the architecture. That was a bogus error as the arch type was present. I used --force-depends (along with -V4 to see what was going on) and it installed, but did not update the opkg database (in /var/lib/opkg/status). The .control and .list files were updated/created in /var/lib/opkg/info/, just not the status file listing what packages are installed. When I compare running the command directly from the console as opposed to running via PHP, I noticed the post-install step is what seems to update the status file. I added --force-postinstall to my PHP command line, to no avail.