Quantcast

opkg not in gumstix-console-image

Michael Lindemuth
The current gumstix-console-image master branch build does not include opkg in it.  I've added it to my build.  Do you guys use a different package manager in your master image or is this by design to make the console image as minimal as possible?

I added it to my image by appending opkg to the BASE_INSTALL argument in yocto/poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-images/gumstix/gumstix-console-image.bb

Re: opkg not in gumstix-console-image

adam
We are using RPM at the moment.
There was a discussion about this choice: http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/rpm-versus-opkg-td4965652.html

Of course, you can always add opkg support as you did!

Adam

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Michael Lindemuth <[hidden email]> wrote:
The current gumstix-console-image master branch build does not include opkg
in it.  I've added it to my build.  Do you guys use a different package
manager in your master image or is this by design to make the console image
as minimal as possible?

I added it to my image by appending opkg to the BASE_INSTALL argument in
yocto/poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-images/gumstix/gumstix-console-image.bb

Re: opkg not in gumstix-console-image

Michael Lindemuth
What rpm repository do you guys use?  Link?