Quantcast

opencv

Nick Starzicki
Hi

I have written some code using opencv in ubuntu, I am using eclipse and i downloaded the opencv and added teh library to my eclipse project and set the correct paths needed.
Now I would like to run my code on my gumstix overo fire. I always compile my code natively using the gcc/g++ compiler, and so now I am not sure how to add/install the opencv on the gumstix, set paths, inlude libraries and so on.
In addition, I read some posts on it, but it was to do with bitbaking and all kinds of things like that which I don't udnerstand. Could someone help me in another way without me having to set a new sd card from scratch?

Thanks

Nick

Re: opencv

Mathias Kriebel
I don't know about Ubuntu, but in Angstrom you can install OpenCV through the package manager (opkg install opencv)
Otherwise you can download and compile on your Gumstix. Probably this works with Ubuntu too:

mkdir OpenCV
cd OpenCV
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/opencv-unix/2.3/OpenCV-2.3.0.tar.bz2/download
tar jxf download
cd OpenCV-2.3
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

Install all dependencies

ccmake .

Choose the options you want

make
make install

That's all

--
Mathias Falconi Kriebel
Estudante de Engenharia de Controle e Automação

Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 08:13:46 +0300
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Gumstix-users] opencv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable. Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes sense of it. IT sense. And common sense. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy2