Quantcast

no fun with sound connex + gpstix

kdag
hi,

so i've downloaded the latest svn today, rev1400...
compiled a new image including bplay and mpg123

then:

22:22 < a|ejo> modprobe snd-pcm-oss
22:22 < a|ejo> modprobe snd-mixer-oss
22:22 < a|ejo> modprobe snd-pxa2xx-ac97
22:22 < a|ejo> /dev/dsp is created
22:22 < a|ejo> so i think, cool! now i have it
22:23 < a|ejo> but when i try to use /dev/dsp -> # brec foo brec: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument

the device appears listed:

22:24 < a|ejo> # cat /proc/asound/UCB1400/id
22:24 < a|ejo> UCB1400
22:25 < a|ejo> UCB1400 is the card as far as i understand

I tried playing an 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono file just in case the rates where the problem but still no go.

does this mean that i still have to patch the old revision?

why is not possible to have an image that includes at least one basic sound application to test the card (is a new card, as you can see it hasnt been used not even once since it arrived 2 months ago, but who knows maybe is a malfunctioning card?)

for real, im in disspair after this long time trying to get basic sound out of the gpstix.

any advice, anyone has a connex400-BT+gpstix with audio working that could share the root image?

thanks for any advice,

/a

:*

Re: no fun with sound connex + gpstix

Dave Hylands
Hi kdag,

> so i've downloaded the latest svn today, rev1400...
> compiled a new image including bplay and mpg123

It looks like Craig only added my patch to the 270 branch.

You should be able to take the patch I mailed out a few days ago,
adjust the pathnames inside the patch to match the version of kernel
that you're using, and use it (I included the place to put the patch
and mentioned that the series file needed to be updated in my original
post).

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: no fun with sound connex + gpstix

Craig Hughes
On May 14, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Dave Hylands wrote:

> Hi kdag,
>
>> so i've downloaded the latest svn today, rev1400...
>> compiled a new image including bplay and mpg123
>
> It looks like Craig only added my patch to the 270 branch.
>
> You should be able to take the patch I mailed out a few days ago,
> adjust the pathnames inside the patch to match the version of kernel
> that you're using, and use it (I included the place to put the patch
> and mentioned that the series file needed to be updated in my original
> post).

Apologies to non-verdex folks for the lack recently of updates to the
non-verdex buildroot.  I'm trying to keep it relatively unchanged
while I work on getting the verdex branch into decent enough shape to
back-merge it onto the trunk.  At that point, there won't be 2
branches any more.  The more often I backport something from 270 to
trunk, the harder it'll be eventually to merge the whole shebang back
in there again.

On the positive side, with audio now working great on 270, and pretty
much everything else nailed down there properly too now, I'm planning
on doing the merge-to-trunk extremely soon.