Quantcast

nandwrite and u-boot suffix

hobbesc7
I prefer flashing u-boot to nand from linux using nandwrite, instead of from u-boot itself.  Generally I follow the instructions here: http://www.gumstix.org/how-to/70-writing-images-to-flash.html.  But the latest yocto stuff (gumstix-console-image) only builds u-boot.img, and not u-boot.bin, and flashing with nandwrite from linux doesn't seem to work with .img files.  (When I reboot I get "Error: Bad compare! failed" repeatedly.)

Is there any way to change the recipe to build a .bin as well as a .img?  Or should nandwrite work with a .img?

Re: nandwrite and u-boot suffix [SOLVED]

hobbesc7
Got this working.  The "write to NAND" instructions at http://www2.sakoman.com/OMAP/how-to-write-u-boot-to-nand.html work for the newer u-boot.img files.

The instructions at http://www.gumstix.org/how-to/70-writing-images-to-flash.html seem to work only for the older u-boot.bin files.