Quantcast

linux-mpu9150

Scott Ellis
Hi all,

We released some code for getting fused data from the
 InvenSense MPU9150 9-degree of freedom IMUs.

We use the on-chip DMP for accel/gyro fusion then do
the mag fusion in our code.

There's a little write up on the blog

https://pansenti.wordpress.com

The repo is here

https://github.com/Pansenti/linux-mpu9150

It's some stuff ripped from one of our internal projects that
we didn't feel any need to keep secret.

I only minimally tested on both the Gumstix Overo and Duoveros
since I don't have a hard-wired platform built up and the jumpers
on my breadboard hack keep coming loose when I'm waving it
around ;-)

It builds and runs on both though.

And it's working okay with the RPis, so it should be okay on the
Gumstix.

Just an FYI if anyone in Gumstix-land is interested in this kind
of thing.

And if you find any bugs that'd be great too!

Thanks,
Scott

Re: linux-mpu9150

Scott Ellis
Hi Neil,

The code probably works with an MPU6050.

If you removed the AK8975_SECONDARY def from the Makefiles,
you could use the inv_imu and inv_dmp_motion_driver code directly
the way mpu9150 does.

mpu9150.c is mostly there for the mag fusion. Remove the mag stuff
and it's really just a thin layer over the InvenSense SDK.

You might want to grab the accelerometer calibration code.

Scott