ld Linking warning

Shane Husson
 Hi guys,

Trying to cross-compile player onto the overo again. Run into a linking warning which i think is causing me some problems,

/home/shane/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:

 warning: libc.so, needed by /home/shane/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib/libgcc_s.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

Why is this warning appearing, how to fix it?

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,

Shane

Re: ld Linking warning

Ash Charles
Hi Shane,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Shane Husson
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> warning: libc.so, needed by
> /home/shane/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib/libgcc_s.so,
> not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
At what build stage is this happening? Specifically, is this a warning
coming from insane.bbclass or is this the cross-compiler complaining?
I had a similar issue compiling Stage which also uses the cmake build
system.  The fix required modification of the cmake.bbclass to
properly redefine the rpath-link (see
http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/2601/).

If you are creating recipes for packages that use cmake and pkconfig,
I recommend inheriting the corresponding bitbake classes.  If it is
any help, I've attached my recipe for Stage---it isn't perfect but
perhaps you'll find it useful.

-Ash

If you get a good recipe for player, I'd appreciate a copy :)

stage_svn.bb (1K) Download Attachment

Re: ld Linking warning

Shane Husson
Thanks Ash,

I traced the error back to python bindings being built even when i had them disabled with a cmake command . Had to turn python bindings off manually in the drivers cmakelist.txt.

Also i attached my player recipe, it only has a few drivers enabled though and so you'll have to customize it for the drivers you need.

-Shane

player_3.1.bb (7K) Download Attachment