Quantcast

is it possible to psset pskeys in w2cbw003 ?

is it possible to psset pskeys in w2cbw003 ?

tuxnoel
hi,

i am using an overo firestrom board (rev R3576) and trying to get bluetooth audio sco. I managed to get some audio to be heard on the headset by directly accessing the McBSP4 registers based on these instructions

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Direct-register-access-control-of-McBSP-ARM-interface-on-Overo-Water-TOBI-SOLVED-td4965285.html

but what i hear is only plain noise except for when i set SRGR2 0X107C (FPER  = 0X107C) & SRGR1 0X5F (FWID = 0X5F) which gives me intermittent audio playback with loud banging noise playing in background. Setting Frame and Bit clocks from external i.e. W2CBW003 does not seem to work at all (no noise heard). So i am trying to source the clock from either CLKS or McBSP4_ICLK. But not able to find the correct settings for the registers to hear the 8-bit, 16Khz, Mono audio to be heard over the mono-headset using aplay.

So i was wondering if the pskeys have to be changed to set w2cbw003 as Master or Slave as mentioned in the following pdf

http://datasheet.electronicafacil.net/CSR/BC413159B.pdf

page 82

" BlueCore4-Audio ROM can operate as the PCM interface master generating an output clock of 128, 256 or 512kHz.
When configured as PCM interface slave, it can operate with an input clock up to 2048kHz. BlueCore4-Audio ROM is
compatible with a variety of clock formats, including Long Frame Sync, Short Frame Sync and GCI timing
environments.
It supports 13-bit or 16-bit linear, 8-bit μ-law or A-law companded sample formats at 8ksamples/s and can receive and
transmit on any selection of three of the first four slots following PCM_SYNC. The PCM configuration options are
enabled by setting PSKEY_PCM_CONFIG32 (0x1b3). "

Regards
Noel

Re: is it possible to psset pskeys in w2cbw003 ?

tuxnoel
i just want to know whether the wifi chip w2cbw003 acts as a master or slave when interfaced with DM3730. If its configured as master then how to know its clock freq. Pskey read doesn't give any information. whereas when configured as slave it gives unsteady noisy output leading me to believe that both omap and wi2wi chips are behaving as masters.

please help