i have no u-boot but u-boot spl

Gumstix mailing list
Hi, i'm using gumstix overo fireSTORM with 512MB RAM, 512MB NAND flash.

Accidentally, i erased all from NAND and wrote MLO only,

Because, when i follow the instruction at gumstix developer center, some parameters like "uboot" was not exist in my COM.

So after erasing NAND and write MLO, i could not write u-boot, then i rebooted my COM.

From this, whenever i power my COM while connect with USB serial, i can see only message written in bellow and nothing was happened.

---

�tصb�$U   @D�� �
U-Boot SPL 2014.10 (Feb 25 2015 - 07:02:26)
SPL: Please implement spl_start_uboot() for your board
SPL: Direct Linux boot not active!

---

What should i do to recover to previous working state?

Re: i have no u-boot but u-boot spl

Gumstix mailing list
Hey there,

The best plan is to put a bootable microSD card in your system and boot from that. Unless I am mistaken, the boot ROM will preference microSD 1 unless no microSD is present.

Once you boot in to an SD version of u-boot, you can fix your nand using 'fatload' and other commands.

Cheers,

Akram

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:05 AM, General mailing list for gumstix users. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, i'm using gumstix overo fireSTORM with 512MB RAM, 512MB NAND flash.

Accidentally, i erased all from NAND and wrote MLO only,

Because, when i follow the instruction at gumstix developer center, some parameters like "uboot" was not exist in my COM.

So after erasing NAND and write MLO, i could not write u-boot, then i rebooted my COM.

From this, whenever i power my COM while connect with USB serial, i can see only message written in bellow and nothing was happened.

---

�tصb�$U   @D�� �
U-Boot SPL 2014.10 (Feb 25 2015 - 07:02:26)
SPL: Please implement spl_start_uboot() for your board
SPL: Direct Linux boot not active!

---

What should i do to recover to previous working state?

Re: i have no u-boot but u-boot spl

Gumstix mailing list
Thank you for your reply.

But i already did that, that way did not work, so i can't do anything now.

Currently, the boot loader (MLO) is working in the NAND... but there is no u-boot(u-boot.img) in the NAND.

In this case, what should i do?

Hey there,

The best plan is to put a bootable microSD card in your system and boot from that. Unless I am mistaken, the boot ROM will preference microSD 1 unless no microSD is present.

Once you boot in to an SD version of u-boot, you can fix your nand using 'fatload' and other commands.

Cheers,

Akram

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:05 AM, General mailing list for gumstix users. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, i'm using gumstix overo fireSTORM with 512MB RAM, 512MB NAND flash.

Accidentally, i erased all from NAND and wrote MLO only,

Because, when i follow the instruction at gumstix developer center, some parameters like "uboot" was not exist in my COM.

So after erasing NAND and write MLO, i could not write u-boot, then i rebooted my COM.

From this, whenever i power my COM while connect with USB serial, i can see only message written in bellow and nothing was happened.

---