gumstix-users now archived at Nabble

Robert Dodier
Administrator
Hello,

I have taken the liberty of requesting that Nabble archive
the gumstix-users mailing list. You can see the archive here:
http://www.nabble.com/Gumstix-f22543.html
which has messages starting from a few days ago.

I find Nabble somewhat more readable than the Sourceforge archive.
As ever YMMV.

Hope this helps,
Robert Dodier

Re: gumstix-users now archived at Nabble

Craig Hughes
On May 16, 2007, at 10:11 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have taken the liberty of requesting that Nabble archive
> the gumstix-users mailing list. You can see the archive here:
> http://www.nabble.com/Gumstix-f22543.html
> which has messages starting from a few days ago.
>
> I find Nabble somewhat more readable than the Sourceforge archive.
> As ever YMMV.

F everyone's I, in case it's not widely known, gmane already has a
complete archive of the list, which is what I use:

<http://del.icio.us/tag/shortcut:gum>

The above link and tag is useful if you use the del.icio.us firefox
bookmark manager plugin thing.  Lets you type "gum somefoo" in the
firefox address bar to do archive searches.

Re: gumstix-users now archived at Nabble

Jason-156
Craig Hughes wrote:
[snip]
> <http://del.icio.us/tag/shortcut:gum>
>
> The above link and tag is useful if you use the del.icio.us firefox
> bookmark manager plugin thing.  Lets you type "gum somefoo" in the
> firefox address bar to do archive searches.

does it do regex?

Jason.

On May 16, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Jason wrote:

> Craig Hughes wrote:
> [snip]
>> <http://del.icio.us/tag/shortcut:gum>
>>
>> The above link and tag is useful if you use the del.icio.us firefox
>> bookmark manager plugin thing.  Lets you type "gum somefoo" in the
>> firefox address bar to do archive searches.
>
> does it do regex?

Looks like not:

Supported Features

Results sorting
     You can order results by relevance, date (newest first), or
reverse date (oldest first).
Boolean query operators
     AND, OR, NOT (or AND NOT), and XOR are supported, and brackets
can be used to control operator precedence, e.g. (debian OR ubuntu)
AND linux Note that operators must be written with all capital
letters to be recognised.
Required and excluded terms
     + and - can be used to require or exclude terms, e.g. football -
american
Unicode handling
     The search engine converts all text to utf-8, so searching
should work in any language.
Stopwords
     Common English words (like 'the' and 'a') are ignored by
default. You can override this by prefixing such words with a + (e.g.
+the) or enclosing the word in "" (e.g. "the").
Group Filter
     The group filter can be a single Gmane group name (e.g.
gmane.discuss) or a wildcarded hierarchy (e.g. gmane.comp.*). Since
all groups start "gmane.", you can omit that. Note that arbitrary
wildcards and substring matches aren't currently supported. You can
also filter by or exclude groups by using (e.g.) group:gmane.linux.*
or -group:gmane.linux.* in the main query.
Author Filter
     The author filter accepts real names or a complete email
address. Wildcards aren't currently supported. You can also filter by
or exclude authors by using (e.g.) author:[hidden email] or -
author:linus in the main query.