Quantcast

gumstix broken?

gb

gumstix broken?

gb
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Overo Fire, which used to work fine. Now I can't get any character after establishing serial connection through the terminal. Serial communication parameters are fine, I can see ttyUSB0, the LED sequence looks fine (green LED turns on first, then the right blue LED lights up) and the voltages at inductors L1, L2, L3 are fine too. I also tried with two different expansion boards (Pinto and Robovero) but still no serial data at all. Has anyone experienced this problem before?
Thanks,

g.

Re: gumstix broken?

Miner, Jonathan W (US SSA)

I'm having an issue with my Overo Fire, which used to work fine. Now I can't get any character after establishing serial connection through the terminal.
Serial communication parameters are fine, I can see ttyUSB0, the LED sequence looks fine (green LED turns on first, then the right blue LED lights up) and the voltages at inductors L1, L2, L3 are fine too. I also tried with two different expansion boards (Pinto and Robovero) but still no serial data at all. Has anyone experienced this problem before?
Thanks,

g.

-----End Original Message-----

Try pressing down on the Overo...  I've got a Fire and Tobi  that seems to have developed a seating problem.  Everything works great, except the serial... then I press down, and the serial works fine too.  I need to swap some devices around and see if the problem follows the Fire or the Tobi, but this project isn't a priority right now.

-Jon

gb

Re: gumstix broken?

gb
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but still no luck. I really don't think the OMAP hangs at some startup stage, I think is some kind of connection problem, or something wrong with the FTDI