Quantcast

gumdroid?

Chris Petersen
Hi all,

Does anyone have information regarding the status of the gumdroid project?

I have been following the instructions at http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Android_Source but there are various problems starting with out-of-date git repositories.

I did manage to build most components through various hacks, but unsurprisingly the system will not boot.

I have also had no luck booting the prebuilt images from here: http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/android/current/

In both cases I have been creating my sdcard with utils/mkandroidsd and using MLO and u-boot.img from the yocto project, which I have been using successfully to boot poky.

I will be glad to provide additional details if there is anyone out there who can help.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: gumdroid?

adam
Hi Chris, can you take a look at https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest
It is Android Jellybean build for Gumstix Pepper SBC. Most notably it has SGX (hardware acceleration) so it looks pretty good.
Stay tuned for updates on Overo and Duovero. It would be also nice if we can get some community help on this project.

Thank you!

Adam

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Chris Petersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Y TAKIO
Hi Adam and All

Thanks for your works!
I have the expectation that adjust this project to boot up Overo.

I have tried to port Android ICS or JB to Overo for 6 month.
But at this time, there are many probrem to use normaly (not response any input devices, very slow, and so on).

Do you have a plan when update this project for Overo series ?

Best Regards
Takio

________________________________

> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:39:55 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] gumdroid?
>
> Here is a tar file of the Pepper image
> - https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gumstix-android/pepper_oct_23rd.tar.bz2
> md5sum - https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gumstix-android/md5sum
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Adam Lee
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Hi Chris, can you take a look at https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest?
> It is Android Jellybean build for Gumstix Pepper SBC. Most notably it
> has SGX (hardware acceleration) so it looks pretty good.
> Stay tuned for updates on Overo and Duovero. It would be also nice if
> we can get some community help on this project.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Adam
>

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Chris Petersen
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have information regarding the status of the gumdroid project?
>
> I have been following the instructions at
> http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Android_Source but there are
> various problems starting with out-of-date git repositories.
>
> I did manage to build most components through various hacks, but
> unsurprisingly the system will not boot.
>
> I have also had no luck booting the prebuilt images from here:
> http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/android/current/
>
> In both cases I have been creating my sdcard with utils/mkandroidsd and
> using MLO and u-boot.img from the yocto project, which I have been
> using successfully to boot poky.
>
> I will be glad to provide additional details if there is anyone out
> there who can help.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: gumdroid?

adam
Hi Takio I am working on Overo at the moment, but I can't give you a solid date. You can watch the Github repository for the progress however.
Can you share some of your work that you've done in that 6 months?

Thanks!

Adam

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Y TAKIO [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adam and All

Thanks for your works!
I have the expectation that adjust this project to boot up Overo.

I have tried to port Android ICS or JB to Overo for 6 month.
But at this time, there are many probrem to use normaly (not response any input devices, very slow, and so on).

Do you have a plan when update this project for Overo series ?

Best Regards
Takio

________________________________

> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:39:55 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] gumdroid?
>
> Here is a tar file of the Pepper image
> - https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gumstix-android/pepper_oct_23rd.tar.bz2
> md5sum - https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gumstix-android/md5sum
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Adam Lee
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hi Chris, can you take a look at https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest?
> It is Android Jellybean build for Gumstix Pepper SBC. Most notably it
> has SGX (hardware acceleration) so it looks pretty good.
> Stay tuned for updates on Overo and Duovero. It would be also nice if
> we can get some community help on this project.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Adam
>

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Chris Petersen
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have information regarding the status of the gumdroid project?
>
> I have been following the instructions at
> http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Android_Source but there are
> various problems starting with out-of-date git repositories.
>
> I did manage to build most components through various hacks, but
> unsurprisingly the system will not boot.
>
> I have also had no luck booting the prebuilt images from here:
> http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/android/current/
>
> In both cases I have been creating my sdcard with utils/mkandroidsd and
> using MLO and u-boot.img from the yocto project, which I have been
> using successfully to boot poky.
>
> I will be glad to provide additional details if there is anyone out
> there who can help.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
Hi Adam.

I wanna chear your work :)

I describe sptes that We have found way how to boot the Android ICS on Overo.
These steps have any issue (not response input event, very slow, CPU high using at IDLE, and so on).

Woud you give me the advice for Android porting to Overo.

=================================
 * MLO
        git://gitorious.org/x-loader/x-loader.git

 * u-boot
        http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/android/current/u-boot.bin

 * boot.scr
        {{{
                setenv anddisplay 'vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1024x768MR-16@60 omapdss.def_disp=lcd35'
                setenv andconsole 'console=ttyO2,115200n8 console=tty0 androidboot.console=ttyO2'
                setenv androot 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait init=/init'
                setenv andbootargs 'setenv bootargs mpurate=500 ${andconsole} ${androot} ${anddisplay}'

                setenv bootcmd 'mmc init; fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} uImage; run andbootargs; bootm ${loadaddr}'
                boot
        }}}

 * Make Android userland
        {{{
                $ mkdir android-user
                $ cd android-user
                $ repo init -u git://gitorious.org/rowboat/manifest.git -m rowboat-ics.xml
                $ make TARGET_PRODUCT=beagleboard -j8
        }}}

 * Build Linux Kernel (uImage) for Overo
  1. chekout
  {{{
  $ git clone https://github.com/gumdroid/android-kernel.git -b android-3.4
                $ cd android-kernel
        }}}

        2. menuconfig
  {{{
                $ ARCH=arm scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh arch/arm/configs/overo_defconfig android/configs/android-base.cfg android/configs/android-recommended.cfg
                $ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=../android-user/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- menuconfig
                $ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=../android-user/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- uImage -j8
        }}}

        I make bellow options be able or disable for the Configuration of Kernel
                * touch screen: built-in
                        Device Drivers -> Input device support -> Touchscreens -> ADS7846/TSC2046~
                * GPIO Buttons: built-in
                        Device Drivers -> Input device support -> Keyboards -> GPIO Buttons
                * USB Mouse: built-in
                        Device Drivers -> Input device support -> MICE
                * IPv6: disabled
                        Networking support -> Networking option -> The IPv6 protocol
                * Advanced netfilter configuration: disabled
                        Networking support -> Networking option -> Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter) -> Advanced netfilter configuration
                * Debug Log: built-in
                        Kernel hacking-> [*] Kernel low-level debugging functions (read help!)

        3. build Kernel
  {{{
> [...]

> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4968174&i=5>>> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone have information regarding the status of the gumdroid project?
>>
>> I have been following the instructions at
>> http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Android_Source but there are
>> various problems starting with out-of-date git repositories.
>>
>> I did manage to build most components through various hacks, but
>> unsurprisingly the system will not boot.
>>
>> I have also had no luck booting the prebuilt images from here:
>> http://cumulus.gumstix.org/images/android/current/
>>
>> In both cases I have been creating my sdcard with utils/mkandroidsd and
>> using MLO and u-boot.img from the yocto project, which I have been
>> using successfully to boot poky.
>>
>> I will be glad to provide additional details if there is anyone out

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
Dear Gumstix Support

Is our sptes to porting for Overo correct ??

Y TAKIO wrote
Hi Adam.

I wanna chear your work :)

I describe sptes that We have found way how to boot the Android ICS on Overo.
These steps have any issue (not response input event, very slow, CPU high using at IDLE, and so on).

Woud you give me the advice for Android porting to Overo.

Re: gumdroid?

adam
Hi Chris and Takio,
I've pushed my dev branch. I've stripped out unnecessary components for the time being, to focus on getting the hardware acceleration to work. Please take a look at the issue page- https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/issues/1. I also created a separate manifest for Overo - https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/tree/overo-gumdroid-4.3_r3.1

If you, by any chance, have expertise on SGX, please feel free to contribute. It will be much appreciated.

@Takio, your approach looks right. Unfortunately there is more involved. Once we get past SGX hurdle, I think we will be in a good shape.

Adam

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Y TAKIO <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Gumstix Support

Is our sptes to porting for Overo correct ??

Y TAKIO wrote
> Hi Adam.
>
> I wanna chear your work :)
>
> I describe sptes that We have found way how to boot the Android ICS on
> Overo.
> These steps have any issue (not response input event, very slow, CPU high
> using at IDLE, and so on).
>
> Woud you give me the advice for Android porting to Overo.

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
Hi Adam.

I'm going to try gumdroid's manifest repo.
Woud you update README.md file for "Make a Bootable SD Card:" ?
I can't find any file to do procedure.

Best Regards
takio

adam wrote
I've pushed my dev branch. I've stripped out unnecessary components for the
time being, to focus on getting the hardware acceleration to work. Please
take a look at the issue page- https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/issues/1.
I also created a separate manifest for Overo -
https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/tree/overo-gumdroid-4.3_r3.1.

Re: gumdroid?

adam
Hi Takio, you can find the script here: https://github.com/gumdroid/pepper/tree/master/tools
Once you do the repo sync, you will have all the files necessary.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Y TAKIO [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adam.

I'm going to try gumdroid's manifest repo.
Woud you update README.md file for "Make a Bootable SD Card:" ?
I can't find any file to do procedure.

Best Regards
takio

adam wrote
I've pushed my dev branch. I've stripped out unnecessary components for the
time being, to focus on getting the hardware acceleration to work. Please
take a look at the issue page- https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/issues/1.
I also created a separate manifest for Overo -
https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/tree/overo-gumdroid-4.3_r3.1.

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/gumdroid-tp4968163p4968212.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix, click here.

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
Hi Adam

I can't find these files.
 * boot.tar.bz2
 * boot/
  * cmdline
  * uEnv.txt

And, there not be locate root in system.tar.bz2.

Is it Correct ??

Best regards
takio

adam wrote

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Adam.
>
> I'm going to try gumdroid's manifest repo.
> Woud you update README.md file for "Make a Bootable SD Card:" ?
> I can't find any file to do procedure.
>
> Best Regards
> takio
>
> adam wrote
> I've pushed my dev branch. I've stripped out unnecessary components for
> the
> time being, to focus on getting the hardware acceleration to work. Please
> take a look at the issue page-
> https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/issues/1.
> I also created a separate manifest for Overo -
> https://github.com/gumdroid/manifest/tree/overo-gumdroid-4.3_r3.1.

> .
> NAML<http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
Hi all & Gumstix SUpport

I still haven't boot up the Android in gumdroid repo on over fire storm com.
Is it in progress now??

Best Regards
takio

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
bump
Y TAKIO wrote
Hi all & Gumstix SUpport

I still haven't boot up the Android in gumdroid repo on over fire storm com.
Is it in progress now??

Best Regards
takio

Re: gumdroid?

jcarter
Hi Adam,

I am working with overo-gumdroid on a FireSTORM com on a TOBI board for now.  In my final application I would like to have a headless Android system, but during initial development I will use an Alto35 board I think.

I am developing on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit and I issue the following commands to obtain and build gumdroid:

======================= Commands to build overo-gumdroid ============================================

repo init -u git://github.com/gumdroid/manifest.git -b overo-gumdroid-4.3_r3.1
repo sync

make TARGET_PRODUCT=overo -j4 systemtarball userdatatarball

make TARGET_PRODUCT=overo -j4 bsp

make TARGET_PRODUCT=overo -j4 systemtarball

sudo ./device/gumstix/pepper/tools/mkandroidsd /dev/sdb overo

Everything down through the make of systemtarball and userdatatarball executes without errors.  When I build the bsp I
get a few errors which I am able to fix with minor modifications to the source under hardware/ti/sgx.  The remaining steps completed without errors.

When I boot my Gumstix board from the resulting SD card I get errors quite early in the kernel bootup as shown below.
I suspect that the failure to find the boot.scr and uEnv.txt files is the root of the problem, but I am not sure.   I will continue to dig into it and see if I can figure out why those files are missing.

Any advice you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks for all your work on this project.

John

============================= Begin boot log from Overo console ======================================
U-Boot SPL 2013.07-gdd8ba46 (Dec 01 2013 - 10:29:25)
OMAP SD/MMC: 0
reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

U-Boot 2013.07-gdd8ba46 (Dec 01 2013 - 10:29:25)

OMAP36XX/37XX-GP ES1.2, CPU-OPP2, L3-165MHz, Max CPU Clock 1 Ghz
Gumstix Overo board + LPDDR/NAND
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  512 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Board revision: 1
Tranceiver detected on mmc2
Unrecognized expansion board 0x67452301
Die ID #0c9000029ff80000015499740b019006
Net:   smc911x-0
Warning: smc911x-0 using MAC address from net device

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  5
mmc0 is current device
reading boot.scr
** Unable to read file boot.scr **
reading uEnv.txt
** Unable to read file uEnv.txt **
reading uImage
3950768 bytes read in 256 ms (14.7 MiB/s)
Booting from mmc ...
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.4.39+
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    3950704 Bytes = 3.8 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[    0.000000] Linux version 3.4.39+ (jcarter@android-dev) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Fri Nov 29 17:13:33 EST 2013
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [413fc082] revision 2 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[    0.000000] Machine: Gumstix Overo
[    0.000000] Reserving 12582912 bytes SDRAM for VRAM
[    0.000000] Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
[    0.000000] OMAP3630 ES1.2 (l2cache iva sgx neon isp 192mhz_clk )
[    0.000000] Clocking rate (Crystal/Core/MPU): 26.0/400/600 MHz
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 126720
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyO2,115200n8 mpurate=500 vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1024x768MR-16@60 omapdss.def_disp=dvi root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait
[    0.000000] PID hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
[    0.000000] allocated 1048576 bytes of page_cgroup
[    0.000000] please try 'cgroup_disable=memory' option if you don't want memory cgroups
[    0.000000] Memory: 499MB = 499MB total
[    0.000000] Memory: 495432k/495432k available, 28856k reserved, 0K highmem
[    0.000000] Virtual kernel memory layout:
[    0.000000]     vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
[    0.000000]     fixmap  : 0xfff00000 - 0xfffe0000   ( 896 kB)
[    0.000000]     vmalloc : 0xe0800000 - 0xff000000   ( 488 MB)
[    0.000000]     lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xe0000000   ( 512 MB)
[    0.000000]     pkmap   : 0xbfe00000 - 0xc0000000   (   2 MB)
[    0.000000]     modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xbfe00000   (  14 MB)
[    0.000000]       .text : 0xc0008000 - 0xc074e1c8   (7449 kB)
[    0.000000]       .init : 0xc074f000 - 0xc07a9000   ( 360 kB)
[    0.000000]       .data : 0xc07aa000 - 0xc07cfaa0   ( 151 kB)
[    0.000000]        .bss : 0xc0831c58 - 0xc09beff8   (1589 kB)
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS:474
[    0.000000] IRQ: Found an INTC at 0xfa200000 (revision 4.0) with 96 interrupts
[    0.000000] Total of 96 interrupts on 1 active controller
[    0.000000] OMAP clockevent source: GPTIMER1 at 32768 Hz
[    0.000000] sched_clock: 32 bits at 32kHz, resolution 30517ns, wraps every 131071999ms
[    0.000000] Console: colour dummy device 80x30
[    0.000274] Calibrating delay loop... 597.64 BogoMIPS (lpj=2334720)
[    0.039123] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.039428] Security Framework initialized
[    0.039611] Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
[    0.040588] Initializing cgroup subsys debug
[    0.040618] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[    0.040618] Initializing cgroup subsys memory
[    0.040710] Initializing cgroup subsys devices
[    0.040710] Initializing cgroup subsys freezer
[    0.040740] Initializing cgroup subsys perf_event
[    0.040893] CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
[    0.040985] ftrace: allocating 19963 entries in 59 pages
[    0.136901] Setting up static identity map for 0x8052da18 - 0x8052da70
[    0.138336] devtmpfs: initialized
[    0.143829] dummy:
[    0.144256] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.144775] GPMC revision 5.0
[    0.146667] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 0 to 31 on device: gpio
[    0.146789] OMAP GPIO hardware version 2.5
[    0.147064] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 32 to 63 on device: gpio
[    0.147430] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 64 to 95 on device: gpio
[    0.147766] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 96 to 127 on device: gpio
[    0.148132] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 128 to 159 on device: gpio
[    0.148559] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 160 to 191 on device: gpio
[    0.149749] omap_mux_init: Add partition: #1: core, flags: 0
[    0.154846] Reprogramming SDRC clock to 400000000 Hz
[    0.154907] dpll3_m2_clk rate change failed: -22
[    0.154907] Found NAND on CS0
[    0.154937] Registering NAND on CS0
[    0.156402]  usbhs_omap: alias fck already exists
[    0.164367] hw-breakpoint: debug architecture 0x4 unsupported.
[    0.167816]  omap-mcbsp.2: alias fck already exists
[    0.168029]  omap-mcbsp.3: alias fck already exists
[    0.169311] Switched to new clocking rate (Crystal/Core/MPU): 26.0/400/500 MHz
[    0.169555] OMAP DMA hardware revision 5.0
[    0.182098] bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
[    0.183105] fixed-dummy:
[    0.183532] vads7846: 3300 mV
[    0.184631] SCSI subsystem initialized
[    0.185302] omap2_mcspi omap2_mcspi.1: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.186157] omap2_mcspi omap2_mcspi.2: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.186645] omap2_mcspi omap2_mcspi.3: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.187103] omap2_mcspi omap2_mcspi.4: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.187744] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.187927] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.188171] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    0.188751] omap_i2c omap_i2c.1: bus 1 rev1.4.0 at 2600 kHz
[    0.192138] twl 1-0048: PIH (irq 7) chaining IRQs 320..328
[    0.192291] twl 1-0048: power (irq 325) chaining IRQs 328..335
[    0.193084] twl4030_gpio twl4030_gpio: gpio (irq 320) chaining IRQs 336..353
[    0.193481] gpiochip_add: registered GPIOs 192 to 211 on device: twl4030
[    0.194641] VUSB1V5: 1500 mV normal standby
[    0.195312] VUSB1V8: 1800 mV normal standby
[    0.195983] VUSB3V1: 3100 mV normal standby
[    0.198211] twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: Initialized TWL4030 USB module
[    0.199066] VMMC1: 1850 <--> 3150 mV at 3150 mV normal standby
[    0.199768] VDAC: 1800 mV normal standby
[    0.200439] VDVI: 1800 mV normal standby
[    0.201019] omap_i2c omap_i2c.3: bus 3 rev1.4.0 at 400 kHz
[    0.202087] omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: isp registered
[    0.202362] Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.25.
[    0.203765] Switching to clocksource 32k_counter
[    0.246673] usbhs_omap usbhs_omap: xclk60mhsp2_ck set parentfailed error:-22
[    0.247772] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.248199] IP route cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.249084] TCP established hash table entries: 16384 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
[    0.249542] TCP bind hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
[    0.249786] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 16384 bind 16384)
[    0.249816] TCP: reno registered
[    0.249847] UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.249877] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.250335] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.251190] RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
[    0.251220] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
[    0.251220] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
[    0.251251] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
[    0.254821] audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
[    0.254913] type=2000 audit(0.195:1): initialized
[    0.256988] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.2
[    0.257110] Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.257720] NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type
[    0.258483] jffs2: version 2.2. (NAND) (SUMMARY)  © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
[    0.259674] fuse init (API version 7.18)
[    0.260406] msgmni has been set to 967
[    0.262969] Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 253)
[    0.263000] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.263031] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.264739] OMAP DSS rev 2.0
[    0.273437] omap_uart.0: ttyO0 at MMIO 0x4806a000 (irq = 72) is a OMAP UART0
[    0.274139] omap_uart.1: ttyO1 at MMIO 0x4806c000 (irq = 73) is a OMAP UART1
[    0.274902] omap_uart.2: ttyO2 at MMIO 0x49020000 (irq = 74) is a OMAP UART2
[    1.009307] console [ttyO2] enabled
[    1.013610] omap_uart.3: ttyO3 at MMIO 0x49042000 (irq = 80) is a OMAP UART3
[    1.033020] brd: module loaded
[    1.042327] loop: module loaded
[    1.047882] twl4030_madc twl4030_madc: clk disabled, enabling
[    1.056762] NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xbc (Micron NAND 512MiB 1,8V 16-bit)
[    1.067016] Creating 5 MTD partitions on "omap2-nand.0":
[    1.072784] 0x000000000000-0x000000080000 : "xloader"
[    1.080261] 0x000000080000-0x000000240000 : "uboot"
[    1.088684] 0x000000240000-0x000000280000 : "uboot environment"
[    1.096679] 0x000000280000-0x000000680000 : "linux"
[    1.107330] 0x000000680000-0x000020000000 : "rootfs"
[    1.617858] smsc911x: Driver version 2008-10-21
[    1.625183] smsc911x-mdio: probed
[    1.628936] smsc911x smsc911x.0: eth0: attached PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=smsc911x-0:01, irq=-1)
[    1.639984] smsc911x smsc911x.0: eth0: MAC Address: 00:15:c9:29:01:d7
[    1.646850] smsc911x: Driver version 2008-10-21
[    1.652496] usbcore: registered new interface driver asix
[    1.658386] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether
[    1.664642] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm
[    1.671081] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[    2.680664] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: OMAP-EHCI Host Controller
[    2.687042] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    2.695068] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: irq 77, io mem 0x48064800
[    2.711791] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
[    2.718139] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    2.725341] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    2.733001] usb usb1: Product: OMAP-EHCI Host Controller
[    2.738616] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 3.4.39+ ehci_hcd
[    2.744445] usb usb1: SerialNumber: ehci-omap.0
[    2.750366] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    2.754425] hub 1-0:1.0: 3 ports detected
[    2.789978] Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
[    2.795318] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[    2.801696] USB Mass Storage support registered.
[    2.806610] musb-hdrc: version 6.0, ?dma?, otg (peripheral+host)
[    2.820373] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: USB OTG mode controller at fa0ab000 using DMA, IRQ 92
[    2.831115] udc: OMAP UDC driver, version: 4 October 2004 (iso) (dma)
[    2.838897] mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
[    2.845733] twl_rtc twl_rtc: Enabling TWL-RTC
[    2.853393] twl_rtc twl_rtc: rtc core: registered twl_rtc as rtc0
[    2.860992] i2c /dev entries driver
[    2.866394] omap_cpufreq_init: unable to get MPU regulator
[    2.872802] cpuidle: using governor ladder
[    2.877166] cpuidle: using governor menu
[    3.102172] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    3.108093] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    3.113037] ashmem: initialized
[    3.116546] logger: created 256K log 'log_main'
[    3.121551] logger: created 256K log 'log_events'
[    3.126708] logger: created 256K log 'log_radio'
[    3.131744] logger: created 256K log 'log_system'
[    3.137756] usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio
[    3.145751] overo SoC init
[    3.148773] soc-audio soc-audio: ASoC machine overo should use snd_soc_register_card()
[    3.241912] twl4030-codec twl4030-codec: ASoC: Failed to create Capture debugfs file
[    3.259002] asoc: twl4030-hifi <-> omap-mcbsp.2 mapping ok
[    3.275054] oprofile: hardware counters not available
[    3.280364] oprofile: using timer interrupt.
[    3.285400] TCP: cubic registered
[    3.289184] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[    3.295898] IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
[    3.301300] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    3.306060] NET: Registered protocol family 15
[    3.310791] Registering the dns_resolver key type
[    3.316680] VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30 variant c rev 3
[    3.324768] ThumbEE CPU extension supported.
[    3.335266] sr_init: No PMIC hook to init smartreflex
[    3.341369] smartreflex smartreflex.0: omap_sr_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
[    3.349975] smartreflex smartreflex.1: omap_sr_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
[    3.367614] clock: disabling unused clocks to save power
[    3.374999] registered taskstats version 1
[    3.380218] fbcvt: 1024x768@60: CVT Name - .786M3-R
[    3.404113] mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-enable.
[    3.406219] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address 1234
[    3.408782] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
[    3.414916] mmcblk0: mmc0:1234 SA08G 7.28 GiB
[    3.417388]  mmcblk0: p1 p2 p3 p4
[    3.456665] vads7846: incomplete constraints, leaving on
[    3.463592] twl_rtc twl_rtc: setting system clock to 2000-05-01 00:00:11 UTC (957139211)
[    3.472290] ALSA device list:
[    3.475433]   #0: overo
[    3.484466] EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240)
[    3.501037] List of all partitions:
[    3.504791] 1f00             512 mtdblock0  (driver?)
[    3.510192] 1f01            1792 mtdblock1  (driver?)
[    3.515594] 1f02             256 mtdblock2  (driver?)
[    3.520996] 1f03            4096 mtdblock3  (driver?)
[    3.526397] 1f04          517632 mtdblock4  (driver?)
[    3.531768] b300         7639040 mmcblk0  driver: mmcblk
[    3.537445]   b301           65472 mmcblk0p1 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
[    3.545379]   b302         1048576 mmcblk0p2 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
[    3.553283]   b303         1048576 mmcblk0p3 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
[    3.561218]   b304         5476352 mmcblk0p4 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
[    3.569152] No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3
[    3.574829] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,2)

============================= End boot log from Overo console ======================================

Re: gumdroid?

Y TAKIO
Hi jcarter.

I think that the issue you have is same in my case.
Why has not Gumstix ever response for it ??

jcarter wrote
[    3.569152] No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3
[    3.574829] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,2)

============================= End boot log from Overo console ======================================

Re: gumdroid?

jcarter
Hi Takio,

What I have worked out so far is that the kernel is working with the wrong command line because we are missing the uEnv.txt file.  The uEnv.txt file is a simple text file on the SD which contains u-boot parameters for whatever system is on that SD, thus eliminating the need to change the u-boot environment variables that are stored on the Overo board every time we want to boot a system with a different configuration.   The stock yocto kernel works with the defaults so it does not need the uEnv.txt file.  When we boot the overo-gumdroid kernel, the stock u-boot parameters tell it to mount the root filesystem from /dev/mmcblk0p2 because that is where root resides in the yocto system.  There is no root filesystem as such in Android (I think) and /dev/mmcblk0p2 contains either /system or /cache if I remember correctly, so it fails trying to mount root.

There is a uEnv.txt file for the Pepper board in the tree and I briefly tried to use that by copying it to the /boot partition on the SD card.  This yielded other errors, but we are on the right track I think.  I have not had time to work on this project for the last few days but when I get back to it I will work with u-boot on the command line and see if I can get the boot process further along.

I don't think this is a high priority project for Gumstix and I am grateful that they have funded Adam's work to this point.  He has saved us an enormous amount of time in putting together the gumdroid system.  We are now just working out little details.  I'm sure he will weigh in on this thread when he is able to get back to the gumdroid project.

John

Y TAKIO wrote
Hi jcarter.

I think that the issue you have is same in my case.
Why has not Gumstix ever response for it ??

Re: gumdroid?

adam
Hi Takio and John,
Sorry I hadn't responded earlier. At the moment I am working to get the audio fixed on Gumstix Pepper (which is proving to be a battle on its own). I did spend some time on Overo, but I got stuck at SGX installation. The Overo kernel was not compatible with the binaries. I would say SGX is the only blocker for Overo; a rather difficult one however.

As for the root filesystem, you need to tell u-boot to look for the ramdisk (initrd file in boot partition). Take a look at this file: https://github.com/gumdroid/android-utils/blob/master/androidboot.cmd

Again, it is one of our top priorities, and my apologies for slow progress!

Adam

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/gumdroid-tp4968163p4968349.html