gdbserver

kris duff
Hello, anyone has been successfull compiling and using gdbserver to debug remotely a soft on the gumstix ?

I am using overo COM with yocto dizzy.

Thank you

Regards

Re: gdbserver

Patrick Maheral
On 02/02/17 11:26 AM, kris duff wrote:
> Hello, anyone has been successfull compiling and using gdbserver to
> debug remotely a soft on the gumstix ?
>
> I am using overo COM with yocto dizzy.
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards

Hi kris,

Although I'm using a much older set of tools, here is what I do to
remotely debug code on gumstix boards:

- Make sure you are compiling with debugging enabled, and that the
  local copy of the file is not stripped.  I use the following
  compiler flag in my Makefile:

    -ggdb3

- On the target, I run:
    gdbserver --attach :10000 <PID>
  where <PID> is the process ID of the running app to be debugged.

- On dev machine, create a ".gdbinit" file in the build (source)
  directory containing the following two lines:

    set sysroot /usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
    target extended-remote 10.10.10.215:10000

  Note: my gumstix has IP address 10.10.10.215 in this case.

- On dev machine, run gdb from the build directory (where the
  .gdbinit file is located):
    arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gdb <binFile>
  where <binFile> is the local copy of the app to be debugged.

Hope this helps.

Patrick