Quantcast

defconfig for Duovero?

beaker
Can someone point me at the current defconfig for the duovero on the 3.6 kernel please.
Please don't suggest hacking omap2plus_defconfig!

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

Ash Charles
This is the best reference currently:
http://www.sakoman.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=meta-sakoman.git;a=blob;f=recipes-kernel/linux/linux-sakoman-3.6/omap4-multi/defconfig;h=968d3053f32a504afdf7b0eacf1d41eb730a5f80;hb=HEAD

---Ash

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM, beaker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can someone point me at the current defconfig for the duovero on the 3.6
> kernel please.
> Please don't suggest hacking omap2plus_defconfig!

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

JamesAng
Hi  Ash,

When can we expect to see all related documents on DuOvero product line released/updated? especially for the System Signals Reference Documents (currently at v1.9).

Very exciting about this.

James Ang.

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

Don Anderson
Hi James

The DuoVero Systems Reference manual has been posted in the Gumstix Developer Center.

e.g. Look in the Popular Links section on the left side of the main page for the PDF download of this document for the DuoVero product series.

Note that only products of the Overo series are covered in the Overo System Reference (Signals Document) which is currently at v1.9.

Don Anderson
@ Gumstix
=======================

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM, JamesAng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi  Ash,

When can we expect to see all related documents on DuOvero product line
released/updated? especially for the System Signals Reference Documents
(currently at v1.9).

Very exciting about this.

James Ang.

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

JamesAng
Hi Don,
Don Anderson wrote

Developer Center. <http://gumstix.org/>

e.g. Look in the Popular Links section on the left side of the main page
for the PDF download of this document for the DuoVero product series.

Note that only products of the Overo series are covered in the Overo System
Reference (Signals Document) which is currently at v1.9.

Don Anderson
@ Gumstix
=======================
Got it, thanks.

James Ang.

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

acsmith
I agree with James, this is very exciting.  I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of a DuOvero with wifi and has connectors for two Caspa cameras.  Stereo video through a single Gumstix sounds pretty cool.

Keep up the good work guys.

Andrew

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

JamesAng
Hi Don,
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Don Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi James
>
> The DuoVero Systems Reference manual has been posted in the Gumstix
> Developer Center.
>
> e.g. Look in the Popular Links section on the left side of the main page for
> the PDF download of this document for the DuoVero product series.
>
> Note that only products of the Overo series are covered in the Overo System
> Reference (Signals Document) which is currently at v1.9.
>

> Don Anderson
> @ Gumstix
> =======================

When can we see the COMs keepout area in the document for customising
expansion board for the DuoVero?

James

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

ashcharles
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM, James Ang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When can we see the COMs keepout area in the document for customising
> expansion board for the DuoVero?
Hey James,

I deliberately did not include a footprint drawing in the duovero
reference manual to encourage designers not to place components
beneath the COM if they are using the 1.5mm stacking height connectors
(taller connectors are available).  Keeping track of the component
heights when designing expansion boards is error-prone.  That said, I
recognize that for some applications, this is practically a necessity.
 Let me know if this information is valuable and I'll make it
available for future versions.

--Ash

Re: defconfig for Duovero?

JamesAng
Hi Ash,
Ash Charles-2 wrote
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM, James Ang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When can we see the COMs keepout area in the document for customising
> expansion board for the DuoVero?
Hey James,

I deliberately did not include a footprint drawing in the duovero
reference manual to encourage designers not to place components
beneath the COM if they are using the 1.5mm stacking height connectors
(taller connectors are available).  Keeping track of the component
heights when designing expansion boards is error-prone.  That said, I
recognize that for some applications, this is practically a necessity.
 Let me know if this information is valuable and I'll make it
available for future versions.

--Ash
I understand that with each COM revision and design on such compact PCB, all estate area are precious.
Definitely, it would be valuable information for expansion board design too given that some design would requires equally compact estate area and total height.

(^^,)

James Ang.