Quantcast

checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

NRyan54
Hello,

New to Linux & Gumstix and am working with an Overo & Robovero.
I have followed the guide to setup and compile a sample bitbake recipe but it fails.

I am at the last step of the guide: bitbake omap3-console-image
The first time this ran for more than just a couple hours before failing. Now, it only takes about 10 minutes to fail - I believe this is because of the one-time download and installs which need to happen.

Can anyone help explain what I am doing wrong. I have searched for similar errors and other resolutions stated things like bad commits to the tree. Those posts were from last year so I would appreciate any help given to this newbie.

Log below:
------------------------
MyName@MyComputerName:~/overo-oe/test$ bitbake omap3-console-image
NOTE: Psyco JIT Compiler (http://psyco.sf.net) not available. Install it to increase performance.
Loaded 7207 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-utils because bluez-utils 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bash-noemu because doesn't work on the target:15
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the glibc builtin iconv replacement is used
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support ipkg because ipkg has been superseded by opkg
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support fso-apm because regular apmd is good enough00:05
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the glibc builtin iconv replacement is used
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-utils because bluez-utils 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the glibc builtin iconv replacement is used
Parsing recipes: 100% |#########################################| Time: 00:00:17
Parsing of 7343 .bb files complete (6579 cached, 764 parsed). 7991 targets, 324 skipped, 2 masked, 0 errors.
WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_user '^/home/MyName/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes'

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.12.0"
METADATA_BRANCH   = "overo-2011.03"
METADATA_REVISION = "d042ac9"
TARGET_ARCH       = "arm"
TARGET_OS         = "linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "overo"
DISTRO            = "angstrom"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "2011.03"
TARGET_FPU        = "hard"

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime pstree (pstree, psmisc)
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match pstree
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Running task 1692 of 5154 (ID: 3003, /home/MyName/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/libmms/libmms_0.6.bb, do_fetch)
NOTE: package libmms-0.6-r0: task do_fetch: Started
ERROR: The checksums for "/home/MyName/overo-oe/sources/libmms-0.6.tar.gz" did not match.
  MD5: expected "650ad04a4c8bd79246390b81b29680b6", got "59f87aa97d014e84426916a2f2572628"
  SHA256: expected "1f894f33b5e0334bd7c75343480bdf3a9cf79232aa92085c03f1a67e7d4ceb9d", got "b60e4e88d63444920bdeab0d7430e7124c905137c555c7f927aaf9419396cedd"

NOTE: package libmms-0.6-r0: task Fetch failed: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libmms/libmms-0.6.tar.gz checksum mismatch.: Failed
ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libmms/libmms-0.6.tar.gz checksum mismatch.' failed
ERROR: Task 3003 (/home/MyName/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/libmms/libmms_0.6.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: '/home/MyName/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/libmms/libmms_0.6.bb' failed
MyName@MyComputerName:~/overo-oe/test$
------------------------
Log Above

Re: checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

NRyan54
I also wanted to add that I am following the guide from an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS computer.

Re: checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

FatalError
see msg: http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/bluez-reporting-checksum-mismatch-during-omap3-build-tt2344645.html

Dec 27, 2011; 5:14pm k7gada k7gada
Have you tried downloading the correct checksum file???

If you havn't then heres how to do it

download the correct checksum file  by googling the checksum

you can get the bluez-4.89.tar.gz with the correct checksum here.....
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/bluez/bluez-4.89.tar.gz/67fd9ad2852ce01f01b16ddd2336d1ea/

and place it in /home/fatal_error/oe/sources/

and bitbake again...it should work...

Re: checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

NRyan54
Hello,

I have followed your link and do not know how to apply it to my situation.

I do not know what "google the checksum" means.
You have made a suggestion for a package that is not apart of my error.

It would seem logical to try a similar thing with the libmms package but I am not sure if the issue is the same, or where to get it from - the links in the console output do not work otherwise it would not have produced an error. I'm not even sure what libmms is.

Re: checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

FatalError

Re: checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

NRyan54
OK Thank you this has worked for me - I put it in my sources directory and replaced the old file. The image is now building. For all I know it may take a couple more hours.

If I run into a similar problem with another package how do I know the link to download the package from? I woul dlike to solve my own problems in the future.

Is i possible that there is a bad commit?
I have had a bad checksum for libmms, bluez4, and now sysfsutils. I can only imagine that as I progress there will only be more... I have been compiling this stock build for 3+ days already. My previous work with Windows Embedded Standard and Windows Embedded Compact had compile times of 1 hour maximum. I am disappointed by the number of problems I have thus far encountered (other than just this thread).

Re: checksums for libmms-0.6-r0

FatalError
I can assure the compile times are only loooong the first time through because of all the downloading from the remote sites to pull in all the files to build your first image.
Once all the files are on your local HD the time will me in minutes for the build.

Welcome to open-source tool chain.