Quantcast

caspa on linux 3.3

bart
Hi,

Did anyone try out this patch yet?
http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/commitdiff/d6247fa85356d90483d3365ef6467bfded6b3400

I'm now trying to get the real raw output from the camera but i'm not sure if this patch can be applied to anything on openembedded yet.

Bart

Re: caspa on linux 3.3

bart
So, with a lot of aid from Laurent Pinchart, we got it working: caspa on the 3.3 kernel, which comes with lots of extra options (like caspa raw bayer data)

If you're interested: http://www.dobots.nl/blog/-/blogs/in-the-spotlight-linux-

Bart

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Bart van Vliet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Did anyone try out this patch yet?
http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/commitdiff/d6247fa85356d90483d3365ef6467bfded6b3400

I'm now trying to get the real raw output from the camera but i'm not sure if this patch can be applied to anything on openembedded yet.

Bart

Re: caspa on linux 3.3

JamesAng
Thank Bart!!

I like your blog!!

Maybe you can add more of your work to the blog as we move along!

We have the use of yavta and the next is to find the best solution to display 'live' streaming to the display from the camera using either MPlayer or Gstreamer or some other.

Laurent has a  mini-project to do live display at his personal repo (git.ideasonboard.org) but I couldn't get it to work and shelved (KIV) it.. Maybe you can try it out!

Cheers~!!!

James Ang.

Re: caspa on linux 3.3

James Cotton
Hi Bart,

Great notes.  However, the link to the .config file on your blog is no
longer valid.  Could you post this again or somewhere else?

Also I'm a little unclear.  You mention that 3.3 supports Caspa
natively now but then below mention pulling in patches from media.git
for the board support layer.  Unfortunately, the commit you reference
is no longer available.

Thanks,
James

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM, JamesAng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank Bart!!
>
> I like your blog!!
>
> Maybe you can add more of your work to the blog as we move along!
>
> We have the use of yavta and the next is to find the best solution to
> display 'live' streaming to the display from the camera using either MPlayer
> or Gstreamer or some other.
>
> Laurent has a  mini-project to do live display at his personal repo
> (git.ideasonboard.org) but I couldn't get it to work and shelved (KIV) it..
> Maybe you can try it out!
>
> Cheers~!!!
>
> James Ang.

Re: caspa on linux 3.3

bart
Hi and sorry for the late reply.

The patch is currently located here: http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/commit/3b6af8682bf3c3275d02ae2aa48daf582650c1f7
And yes the kernel supports the camera natively, the overo board doesn't yet though :) As you can see, the patch only patches some code of the overo board.

Bart