caspa camera woes

Roger Unwin
Hi again,

This result is from today's run of  "mksdcard.sh /dev/sdb overo gnome current"

Does the dmesg, /var/log/messages, printenv output look familiar to anyone?  I have now tried 2 COMS, 3 cables.  I started with the cable in the orientation shown in http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Caspa_camera_boards.  I even tried with the cables flipped upside down, and turned around, and it appears to show the same result.  I have seen a red LED on the caspa camera module light a couple of times (but not for any obvious reason) with the 3" white cable with blue ends.

Anyone have any suggestions or wild crazy ideas?

Thanks,

Roger

Linux media interface: v0.10
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
libertas_sdio: Libertas SDIO driver
libertas_sdio: Copyright Pierre Ossman
omap3isp omap3isp: Revision 2.0 found
omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: isp: version 1.1
omap3isp omap3isp: hist: DMA channel = 4
mt9v032 3-005c: Probing MT9V032 at address 0x5c
overo: setting xclk to 25000000 hz
omap3isp omap3isp: isp_set_xclk(): cam_xclka set to 28800000 Hz
mt9v032 3-005c: MT9V032 power up failed

/var/log/messages interesting bits

Dec  7 16:21:07 omap3-multi omap_i2c omap_i2c.3: bus 3 rev3.12 at 400 kHz
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi twl_rtc twl_rtc: rtc core: registered twl_rtc as rtc0
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi twl_rtc twl_rtc: Power up reset detected.
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi i2c /dev entries driver
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi Linux media interface: v0.10
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi Linux video capture interface: v2.00
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi libertas_sdio: Libertas SDIO driver
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi libertas_sdio: Copyright Pierre Ossman
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi omap3isp omap3isp: Revision 2.0 found
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: isp: version 1.1
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi mt9v032 3-005c: Probing MT9V032 at address 0x5c
Dec  7 16:21:08 omap3-multi overo: setting xclk to 25000000 hz

-----

Overo # printenv
baudrate=115200
bootcmd=if mmc rescan ${mmcdev}; then if run loadbootscript; then run bootscript; else if run loaduimage; then run mmcboot; else run nandboot; fi; fi; else run nandboot; fi
bootdelay=5
bootscript=echo Running bootscript from mmc ...; source ${loadaddr}
console=ttyO2,115200n8
defaultdisplay=dvi
dieid#=7a140004000000000403a38103004018
dvimode=1024x768MR-16@60
loadaddr=0x88000000
loadbootscript=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} boot.scr
loaduimage=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} uImage
mmcargs=setenv bootargs mem=93M@0x80000000 mem=384M@0x88000000 console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait
mmcboot=echo Booting from mmc ...; run mmcargs; bootm ${loadaddr}
mmcdev=0
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
mmcrootfstype=ext3 rootwait
mpurate=720
nandargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} ${optargs} mpurate=${mpurate} vram=${vram} omapfb.mode=dvi:${dvimode} omapdss.def_disp=${defaultdisplay} root=${nandroot} rootfstype=${nandrootfstype}
nandboot=echo Booting from nand ...; run nandargs; nand read ${loadaddr} 280000 400000; bootm ${loadaddr}
nandroot=ubi0:rootfs ubi.mtd=4
nandrootfstype=ubifs
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
vram=12M

Environment size: 1235/131068 bytes

Serial Ports

Dan Nelson

I’ve just started playing with a Fire COM on a Tobi board.  Hope someone can point me in the right direction to get serial ports working.

The 40 pin header on the Tobi board has a TXD1 and a RXD2 as well as a TXD3 and RXD3.  I’m assuming that these are serial ports.  But I can’t seem to get anything to come out on them.  I’ve tried minicom sending characters to ttyS0 through ttyS3.  Is there something I need to configure somewhere?  It appears that these are GPIO pins as well, so maybe I need to configure something.

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of the right howto.

Thanks

Dan

Re: Serial Ports

Steven
Pulled out my logic analyzer and checked the serial devices, and on my
Fire bytes sent to /dev/ttyO0 ends up on TXD1.  Though I seem to
remember it used to be ttyS0.

Also, remember the Gumstix IO are 1.8V not 5V tolerant.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Dan Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve just started playing with a Fire COM on a Tobi board.  Hope someone can
> point me in the right direction to get serial ports working.
>

> The 40 pin header on the Tobi board has a TXD1 and a RXD2 as well as a TXD3
> and RXD3.  I’m assuming that these are serial ports.  But I can’t seem to
> get anything to come out on them.  I’ve tried minicom sending characters to
> ttyS0 through ttyS3.  Is there something I need to configure somewhere?  It
> appears that these are GPIO pins as well, so maybe I need to configure
> something.
>

> Maybe someone can point me in the direction of the right howto.
>

> Thanks
>

> Dan

Re: caspa camera woes

Andrea Bazzini
Hi Roger, I found that caspa camera with default 25000000 or 27000000 clock is
working erraticaly in my systems, since I don't need the 50 or 60 frames per
seconds I rebuilt the module with 12500000 clock wich give you 25 frames/sec and
now it works like a charm

Andrea

Re: Serial Ports

Dan Nelson
Thanks Steve,

Turns out that minicom was the problem.  Don't know why it doesn't work, but my application works so no problem now that I know what port it's on.

Dan

Pulled out my logic analyzer and checked the serial devices, and on my
Fire bytes sent to /dev/ttyO0 ends up on TXD1.  Though I seem to
remember it used to be ttyS0.

Also, remember the Gumstix IO are 1.8V not 5V tolerant.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Dan Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just started playing with a Fire COM on a Tobi board.  Hope someone can
> point me in the right direction to get serial ports working.
>

> The 40 pin header on the Tobi board has a TXD1 and a RXD2 as well as a TXD3
> and RXD3.  I'm assuming that these are serial ports.  But I can't seem to
> get anything to come out on them.  I've tried minicom sending characters to
> ttyS0 through ttyS3.  Is there something I need to configure somewhere?  It
> appears that these are GPIO pins as well, so maybe I need to configure
> something.
>

> Maybe someone can point me in the direction of the right howto.
>

> Thanks
>

> Dan

Re: Serial Ports

Jesse Lackey-2
This gets asked about every 3 weeks and I'm a little disgruntled that
the gumstix people apparently haven't documented how to do this
obviously common customer requirement.  I and apparently everyone else
who needs more than one serial port digs thru archived digests and has
to try this and that and ask for help.

<http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Overo-Air-bluetooth-and-wifi-power-tt644629.html#a28907238>
look for post from jpw3

Disable bluetooth. Rename /etc/init.d/bluetooth to
/etc/init.d/bluetooth.orig and reboot.  There will still be bluetooth

You have to change two chip registers to get UART2 on the two balls
instead of having them GPIO.  Here is a piece of the script I run (as
root) to do that:

#
# in omap3530 techref look at page 776 approx for the registers etc.
#
echo "UART2 (/dev/ttyS1) config: 0x48002170, set to GPIO input w/pullup"
devmem2 0x48002170 w 0x011C011C
echo
echo "UART2 (/dev/ttyS1) config: 0x48002178, set to UART RX and TX"
devmem2 0x48002178 w 0x01180000

You should now be able to use "microcom" (even simpler than minicom) to
send chars out /dev/ttyS0 (UART1, Tobi pins 9 & 10) and /dev/ttyS1
(UART2, Tobi pins 27 & 29).  /dev/tty2 is the linux console, Tobi pins
21 & 22, hardwired to the USB console.

I believe I have all this data right.  It was 2.5 months ago that I got
it all going.

> I've just started playing with a Fire COM on a Tobi board.  Hope someone
> can point me in the right direction to get serial ports working.
>

> The 40 pin header on the Tobi board has a TXD1 and a RXD2 as well as a
> TXD3 and RXD3.  I'm assuming that these are serial ports.  But I can't
> seem to get anything to come out on them.  I've tried minicom sending
> characters to ttyS0 through ttyS3.  Is there something I need to
> configure somewhere?  It appears that these are GPIO pins as well, so
> maybe I need to configure something.

Re: Serial Ports

Alex Gibson-3
On 12/01/2012 1:35 PM, Jesse Lackey wrote:
> This gets asked about every 3 weeks and I'm a little disgruntled that
> the gumstix people apparently haven't documented how to do this
> obviously common customer requirement.  I and apparently everyone else
> who needs more than one serial port digs thru archived digests and has
> to try this and that and ask for help.

Put it on the wiki  http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I've added a few things that I had to ask about or needed

Alex

Re: Serial Ports

Dan Nelson
Thanks Jesse,

Got ports up and running.  Thanks for the tip on microcom, for some
reason minicom isn't working for me.

Dan

On 12/01/2012 2:01 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:
> ts up and running.  Thanks for the tip on microcom, for some
> reason minicom isn't working for me.

screen is another one you can use on mac or linux
(or via cygwin on windows)

screen /dev/USBtty0 115200
or

screen /dev/USBtty0 115200n8

Re: caspa camera woes

bhamadicharef
I found another post of your in which you mentioned you are also
adjusting some timings ? Can you elaborate ? I am also interesting
to slow down CASPA to 30Hz or 25Hz fps ...