Quantcast

caspa FS color

bart
Hi I got my caspa FS working, with the patch as on the wiki page. However, i get very yellowish color images (this is with an IR block filter). Does anyone have the correct gamma tables to fix that?

Re: caspa FS color

Andrea Bazzini
Bart van Vliet <bart <at> almende.org> writes:

> Hi I got my caspa FS working, with the patch as on the wiki page. However, i
get very yellowish color images (this is with an IR block filter). Does anyone
have the correct gamma tables to fix that?

Hi Bart, on omap3_isp module there are some private IOCTLs that you can use to
modify colors, I found that the gammas are ok but you have to tweek the various
gains and the color conversion matrix, you can find some help in these files

include/linux/omap3isp.h
Documentation/video4linux/omap3isp.txt

the first contains the structures and definition for the IOCTLs

Andrea

Re: caspa FS color

goza

Thanks for the clue on how to get rid of the yellow images.  I'll play with
that and see what  happens.

Bart, my original problem not that I couldn't get it to work, it was the
fact that it takes 1-2 minutes to start up!  I tried it with "Cheese" and my
own video 4 linux code.  Both took the same amount of time to start.  Maybe
that is normal, but I don't think so.  Any clues?

Thanks,
Mike

Andrea Bazzini wrote:

> Bart van Vliet <bart <at> almende.org> writes:
>

>> Hi I got my caspa FS working, with the patch as on the wiki page.
>> However, i
> get very yellowish color images (this is with an IR block filter). Does
> anyone
> have the correct gamma tables to fix that?

> Hi Bart, on omap3_isp module there are some private IOCTLs that you can
> use to
> modify colors, I found that the gammas are ok but you have to tweek the
> various
> gains and the color conversion matrix, you can find some help in these
> files
>
> include/linux/omap3isp.h
> Documentation/video4linux/omap3isp.txt
>
> the first contains the structures and definition for the IOCTLs
>
> Andrea

Re: caspa FS color

bart
Hi Mike, I simply used the v4l2 example program http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html
And thanks Andrea, I will give that a try.

Re: caspa FS color

bart
Andrea do you perhaps know where to find some example code to configure the ISP or a better documentation? The media-ctl program doesn't show that as far as i can see.

Re: caspa FS color

Andrea Bazzini
bart <bart <at> almende.org> writes:

> Andrea do you perhaps know where to find some example code to configure the
> ISP or a better documentation? The media-ctl program doesn't show that as
> far as i can see.

Hi Bart, this is a small sample of the way I control isp

#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <errno.h>

#include "omap3isp.h"

#define F2F(A) ((int)(A*256.0)&0xfff)

// pass as argument 1 the name of the device in my case /dev/v4l-subdev3
// white balance as args 2-6 and black level as 7-9
// the rgb2rgb matrix is set as identity
int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
        char *name=argv[1];
        int i;

        int fd=open(name, O_RDWR);
        if (fd < 0)
        {
                printf("Can't open media device %s\n",name);
                return 0;
        }

        struct omap3isp_prev_wbal wbal;
        struct omap3isp_prev_update_config pc;
        struct omap3isp_prev_blkadj blk;
        struct omap3isp_prev_rgbtorgb rgb2rgb = {
        { /* RGB-RGB Matrix */
                {F2F(1.0), 0x0, 0x0},
                {F2F(0.0), F2F(1.0), 0x0},
                {F2F(0.0), 0x0, F2F(1.0)}
        }, /* RGB Offset */
        {0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000}
};

        // this set the features to use
        pc.flag=OMAP3ISP_PREV_WB | OMAP3ISP_PREV_BLKADJ | OMAP3ISP_PREV_RGB2RGB;

        // this set wich fields to update
        pc.update= OMAP3ISP_PREV_WB |
                        OMAP3ISP_PREV_BLKADJ |
                        OMAP3ISP_PREV_RGB2RGB;

        pc.wbal=&wbal;

        wbal.coef0=atoi(argv[2]);
        wbal.coef1=atoi(argv[3]);
        wbal.coef2=atoi(argv[4]);
        wbal.coef3=atoi(argv[5]);
        wbal.dgain=atoi(argv[6]);

        blk.red=atoi(argv[7]) & 0xff;
        blk.green=atoi(argv[8]) & 0xff;
        blk.blue=atoi(argv[9]) & 0xff;
        pc.blkadj=&blk;

        pc.rgb2rgb=&rgb2rgb;

        if(ioctl (fd, VIDIOC_OMAP3ISP_PRV_CFG, &pc)<0)
                printf("Failed\n");
        else
                printf("Done %d %d %d %d
%d\n",wbal.coef0,wbal.coef1,wbal.coef2,wbal.coef3,wbal.dgain);

        close(fd);
        return 0;
}

Re: caspa FS color

bart
Hi Andrea, I tried as you said, but since the isp is integrated in the kernel, i cannot include isp.h
So i was wondering how you solved this.

Here is the command i used to compile:

export PATH=${OVEROTOP}/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/armv7a/bin:${PATH}

arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb --sysroot=/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6 -I${OVEROTOP}/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include -I/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/ -fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -ggdb2 -c -o capture-burst-raw.o capture-burst-raw.c

Here are some errors i got:

/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h:28:22: error: plat/cpu.h: No such file or directory
/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h:29:35: error: media/videobuf-dma-sg.h: No such file or directory
/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h:31:24: error: linux/slab.h: No such file or directory
/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h:33:20: error: asm/io.h: No such file or directory
/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h:35:24: error: plat/iommu.h: No such file or directory
/home/bart/DO/fireswarm/gumstix/linux-omap-2.6/drivers/media/video/isp/isp.h:36:24: error: plat/iovmm.h: No such file or directory

Re: caspa FS color

Andrea Bazzini
Hi Bart, I compiled the code natively, try to do the same, I don't remember
where I got the header but probably I just copied it from linux/omap3isp.h

Re: caspa FS color

bart
With compiling natively you mean you compiled it on the gumstix? I don't see how that would change anything, but if it does, please explain.
Simply including the isp.h did not help either, since isp.h also includes a bunch of other files and i'm afraid that you end up including loads of files, which is usually not a good sign :)

Bart

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Andrea Bazzini [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bart, I compiled the code natively, try to do the same, I don't remember
where I got the header but probably I just copied it from linux/omap3isp.h

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/caspa-FS-color-tp4372868p4472727.html
To unsubscribe from caspa FS color, click here.

Set manual exposure time on Caspa VL

mark_sup
Hello,

I just started working with the Caspa camera and already got stuck with changing the exposure time to a fixed value. Am I right that this is simply not implemented in the MT9V032 driver? At least modinfo doesn't show a parameter in that sense.

Can anyone give me a little hint on how to start in order to set exposure times on the Caspa camera and capture images from a c program?

Mark

Re: Set manual exposure time on Caspa VL

bart
Hi Mark,

Take a look at this page: http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/x542.htm
At the bottom you can find a nice example.

Bart

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/caspa-FS-color-tp4372868p4503229.html
To unsubscribe from caspa FS color, click here.

Re: caspa FS color

Andrea Bazzini
Sorry Bart, I read only today your post. Yes I compiled the sample code on the
gumstix, I don't think it make a difference. Probably you are using the wrong
header, you don't have to use the one in the omap3isp directory in
drivers/media/video but the one I specified on the previous post.

Re: Set manual exposure time on Caspa VL

mark_sup
Hey,

for anyones interest. I found a nice program called gumsnap.c from Scott Ellis which lets you adjust exposure among other options, takes a snapshot and saves it as jpeg. It needs opencv to be installed though. As that's the case on my gumstix I could build it right away and test it. It's a great help for me and also a good start on how to control the camera from a c-File.

Here the link...

Mark

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM, mark stamer [via Gumstix] <<a href="x-msg://17/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=4503351&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I just started working with the Caspa camera and already got stuck with changing the exposure time to a fixed value. Am I right that this is simply not implemented in the MT9V032 driver? At least modinfo doesn't show a parameter in that sense.

Can anyone give me a little hint on how to start in order to set exposure times on the Caspa camera and capture images from a c program?

Mark

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/caspa-FS-color-tp4372868p4503229.html
To unsubscribe from caspa FS color, <a href="x-msg://17/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

Dipl.-Ing. Mark Stamer
Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg
Institut für Mikrosystemtechnik (E-7)
Eißendorfer Str. 42