Quantcast

cannot ping or wget using domain name

tuxnoel
hi,

i cannot
> ping www.google.com
ping: bad address 'www.google.com'

or wget or opkg upgrade from my OE installed Angstrom 2011.03 running on Overo Firestrom and was wondering if i am missing some package installation?

my resolv.conf is

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
nameserver 172.16.0.21
nameserver 172.16.0.30
nameserver 220.192.246.3
nameserver 208.67.222.222

and when i directly use the ip address instead of URL everything seems to be working.

Re: cannot ping or wget using domain name

Michael Lindemuth
I'm not sure if this is related or not, but check /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf .  I had an issue with DHCP recently that was resolved by adding the following line to /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf:

send host-name "your-hostname-here";

Hope this helps!