booting from compact flash

Jason Cox-4
hi all,
        has anyone successfully booted a cf image? my rootfs is at 21Meg and
growing.

thanks
Jason

Re: booting from compact flash

Bruce D. Lightner
Jason Cox wrote:
> hi all,
> has anyone successfully booted a cf image? my rootfs is at 21Meg and
> growing.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that "man 8 pivot_root" holds the key.

It's my plan for an alternate root file system on a 4 GB CF Hitachi
Microdrive with my "Canadian cross-compile " that includes all the
gumstix "gcc" development tools.  Why not just compile everything using
a gumstix that fits in your pocket?

Best regards,

Bruce

--