Quantcast

bitbake SRC_URI checksum warnings

amarsh
I am trying to setup a meta-layer to support some overo-based custom hardware. I am trying to migrate recipes from the oe-classic build system to the newer poky and oe-core. To get started I just wanted to make some simple patched builds before attempting to convert the more complex recipes. Basically the error I keep getting looks something like this:

WARNING: Unable to get checksum for linux-gumstix-mods SRC_URI entry defconfig: file could not be found
WARNING: Unable to get checksum for linux-gumstix-mods SRC_URI entry abc.patch: file could not be found
WARNING: Unable to get checksum for linux-gumstix-mods SRC_URI entry xyz.patch: file could not be found

and etc...

The recipes are pretty straightforward. Basically just expanding a shell like below

require linux.inc

DESCRIPTION = "Linux kernel for OMAP processors"
KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"

PV = "3.5"

S = "${WORKDIR}/git"

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "overo"

SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
SRC_URI = "git://github.com/gumstix/linux.git;branch=omap-3.5;protocol=git \
           file://defconfig \
           file://abc.patch \
           file://xyz.patch \
           "

file directory structure looks like:

~/yocto/poky/meta-mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-gumstix-mods/overo/defconfig
~/yocto/poky/meta-mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-gumstix-mods/abc.patch
~/yocto/poky/meta-mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-gumstix-mods/xyz.patch

I did find someone having a similar issue:

http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/30445/

but their solution doesn't work for me. The only thing I can think of is maybe I don't have ${FILESPATH} and/or ${FILEDIR} set properly? Does anybody have any ideas?

[solved] bitbake SRC_URI checksum warnings

amarsh
I didn't have things properly aligned with my FILESPATH variable. FWIW the following might help someone in a similar situation: 'bitbake -e (recipe) | grep ^FILESPATH='