Quantcast

arch linux on overo

js

arch linux on overo

js
I just found this link: http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/gumstix-overo

Has anyone tried it? Is there any experience ?

Thanks, jS

Re: arch linux on overo

I have had the best success if you want an up to date OS and ease of
building and setup got with ArchARM.

There are some issues with it as well just like all the other OS's for
gumstix. But I enjoy ArchARM on the gumstix, they are trying to get all
the boards working, though in the ArchLinux tradition there is no hand
holding, and if something does not work for your board/application you
are expected to get it working and then share so it can be pushed out to
the rest.

There are not many running that OS on a gumstix from the looks of it, I
started using them about 1.5 years ago now maybe a little more, when I
got fed up with the constantly broken OpenEmbedded/Yocto build system
and so on.

There is a build system as well and you have access to the AUR. Would
love to hear other's experiences with it as well. Once I got the build
system for them going it has worked ever since, way easier to figure out
breakage in the build and so on, also you can use distcc to speed up
builds.

On 01/02/2013 07:15 AM, js wrote:

> I just found this link:
> http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/gumstix-overo
> <http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/gumstix-overo>
>
> Has anyone tried it? Is there any experience ?
>
> Thanks, jS

js

Re: arch linux on overo

js
Hello J,

I've used ARCH (as a host os) some time back, but than I had to move to ubuntu due to oe. Is it possible to set up a build env in ubuntu for (cross compiled) arch linux ?

Do you have some good links, overviews how it is working ?
Is there an AUR for gles and dsp support ? I could not find one, but did not try too hard.

Thanks, jS