Quantcast

apt-get missing

Mipo01
Hi guys

I would like to ask if someone tried Angstrom images from cumulus.gumstix.org. Because i need image with kernel at least 3.0 but  kernels there doesn't have apt-get so i would like to ask how to add apt package to system.
Or if someone has an image with kernel 3.0 and above which could provide me i would be really glad about it.

Thanks for any help :-)

Re: apt-get missing

qmay123
The Angstrom package manger is opkg , http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html

Have you tried this? Good luck!

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Mipo01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys

I would like to ask if someone tried Angstrom images from
cumulus.gumstix.org. Because i need image with kernel at least 3.0 but
kernels there doesn't have apt-get so i would like to ask how to add apt
package to system.
Or if someone has an image with kernel 3.0 and above which could provide me
i would be really glad about it.

Thanks for any help :-)

Dan Kuehme
AREA-I
where ideas take flight

1590 N. Roberts Rd., Ste 203
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Phone: 678.594.5227
Fax:     678.594.5228
Cell:     678.653.6662

Re: apt-get missing

Denys Dmytriyenko
On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 08:02:29AM -0400, Dan Kuehme wrote:
> The Angstrom package manger is opkg ,

opkg is not an Angstrom package manager!
you probably meant to say Angstrom uses opkg package manager...
http://code.google.com/p/opkg/

--
Denys

> http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html
>
> Have you tried this? Good luck!
>
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Mipo01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys
> >
> > I would like to ask if someone tried Angstrom images from
> > cumulus.gumstix.org. Because i need image with kernel at least 3.0 but
> > kernels there doesn't have apt-get so i would like to ask how to add apt
> > package to system.
> > Or if someone has an image with kernel 3.0 and above which could provide me
> > i would be really glad about it.
> >
> > Thanks for any help :-)
> >

> > --

> Dan Kuehme
> AREA-I
> *where ideas take flight*
>
> *1590 N. Roberts Rd., Ste 203*
> *Kennesaw, GA 30144*
> *Phone: 678.594.5227*
> *Fax:     678.594.5228*
> *Cell:     678.653.6662*
> *
> *
> *www.areai.aero*

Re: apt-get missing

qmay123
Well played sir.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Denys Dmytriyenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 08:02:29AM -0400, Dan Kuehme wrote:
> The Angstrom package manger is opkg ,

opkg is not an Angstrom package manager!
you probably meant to say Angstrom uses opkg package manager...
http://code.google.com/p/opkg/

--
Denys

> http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html
>
> Have you tried this? Good luck!
>
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Mipo01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys
> >
> > I would like to ask if someone tried Angstrom images from
> > cumulus.gumstix.org. Because i need image with kernel at least 3.0 but
> > kernels there doesn't have apt-get so i would like to ask how to add apt
> > package to system.
> > Or if someone has an image with kernel 3.0 and above which could provide me
> > i would be really glad about it.
> >
> > Thanks for any help :-)
> >

> > --

> Dan Kuehme
> AREA-I
> *where ideas take flight*
>
> *1590 N. Roberts Rd., Ste 203*
> *Kennesaw, GA 30144*
> *Phone: <a href="tel:678.594.5227" value="+16785945227">678.594.5227*
> *Fax:     <a href="tel:678.594.5228" value="+16785945228">678.594.5228*
> *Cell:     <a href="tel:678.653.6662" value="+16786536662">678.653.6662*
> *
> *
> *www.areai.aero*

Dan Kuehme
AREA-I
where ideas take flight

1590 N. Roberts Rd., Ste 203
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Phone: 678.594.5227
Fax:     678.594.5228
Cell:     678.653.6662

Re: apt-get missing

Mipo01
Thank you very much guys ;-) so now just to find out how does it work :-)

On 5 October 2012 16:40, Dan Kuehme <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well played sir.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Denys Dmytriyenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 08:02:29AM -0400, Dan Kuehme wrote:
> The Angstrom package manger is opkg ,

opkg is not an Angstrom package manager!
you probably meant to say Angstrom uses opkg package manager...
http://code.google.com/p/opkg/

--
Denys

> http://gumstix.org/add-software-packages.html
>
> Have you tried this? Good luck!
>
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Mipo01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys
> >
> > I would like to ask if someone tried Angstrom images from
> > cumulus.gumstix.org. Because i need image with kernel at least 3.0 but
> > kernels there doesn't have apt-get so i would like to ask how to add apt
> > package to system.
> > Or if someone has an image with kernel 3.0 and above which could provide me
> > i would be really glad about it.
> >
> > Thanks for any help :-)
> >

> > --

> Dan Kuehme
> AREA-I
> *where ideas take flight*
>
> *1590 N. Roberts Rd., Ste 203*
> *Kennesaw, GA 30144*
> *Phone: <a href="tel:678.594.5227" value="+16785945227" target="_blank">678.594.5227*
> *Fax:     <a href="tel:678.594.5228" value="+16785945228" target="_blank">678.594.5228*
> *Cell:     <a href="tel:678.653.6662" value="+16786536662" target="_blank">678.653.6662*
> *
> *
> *www.areai.aero*

Dan Kuehme