Quantcast

adding a recipe to bitbake image

hirst689
I am attempting to add a recipe to bitbake image. I am doing this to include application not normally supplied.
I can bitbake -b each one but if I attempt to add them via a task-xxxx.bb things go wrong.
I suspect it is my lack of understanding that is the issue, perhaps this is not the way to add recipes
I get the message

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'something_5.7.1' (but /home/hirst689/oe-layersetup/sources/recipes-core/tasks/task-arago-xyz.bb  RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

Any pointer would be useful

Re: adding a recipe to bitbake image

Donny3000
This post was updated on .
hirst689 wrote
I am attempting to add a recipe to bitbake image. I am doing this to include application not normally supplied. I can bitbake -b each one but if I attempt to add them via a task-xxxx.bb things go wrong. I suspect it is my lack of understanding that is the issue, perhaps this is not the way to add recipes I get the message NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'something_5.7.1' (but /home/hirst689/oe-layersetup/sources/recipes-core/tasks/task-arago-xyz.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it) Any pointer would be useful
Hello Hirst689, To add a recipe to an image, you should add the recipe to the IMAGE_INSTALL variable of the image reciepe. For example, this is my image recipe for my Raspberry Pi builds:
# A console development image with some C/C++ dev tools

require recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb

# Add the vc-graphics-hardfp package back when Java SE embedded supports
# hard-float ABI
RASPBERRYPI_INSTALL = "\
    rpi-gpio \
    vc-graphics-hardfp \
"

# TODO: Figure out how to integrate SELinux into the image.
# Currently, adding SELinux to the image causes the image to
# hang on boot.
BASE_INSTALL = " \
    busybox-udhcpc \
    coreutils \
    less \
    findutils \
    ntp \
    ptpd \
    task-core-ssh-openssh \
    libpam \
    libpam-runtime \
    avahi-daemon \
    avahi-autoipd \
    avahi-utils \
    avahi-dnsconfd \
    libavahi-common \
    libavahi-core \
    libavahi-client \
    java-se-embedded \
 "
#    task-core-selinux \

KERNEL_EXTRA_INSTALL = " \
    kernel-modules \
 "

QT_TOOLS = " \
    qt4-embedded-dev\
    qt4-embedded \
    qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib \
 "

OPENCV_DEV = " \
    opencv-dev \
    opencv-samples-dev \
 "

# TODO: Need to write a new opencv recipe or pick a new
# opencv recipe version to install to get opencv to work.
DEV_SDK_INSTALL = " \
   binutils \
   binutils-symlinks \
   cpp \
   cpp-symlinks \
   diffutils \
   file \
   gcc \
   gcc-symlinks \
   g++ \
   g++-symlinks \
   gettext \
   ldd \
   libstdc++ \
   libstdc++-dev \
   libtool \
   make \
   pkgconfig \
   boost \
   protobuf \
   ${QT_TOOLS} \
 "
#   ${OPENCV_DEV} \

TS_TOOLS = " \
    tslib-calibrate \
    tslib-tests \
    tslib-conf \
 "

EXTRA_TOOLS_INSTALL = " \
    devmem2 \
    git \
    iperf \
    nano \
    sysfsutils \
    tcpdump \
    vim-tiny \
    media-ctl \
    yavta \
 "
#    task-core-selinux \

PYTHON_EXTRA = " \
    python-pyserial \
 "

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    ${RASPBERRYPI_INSTALL} \
    ${BASE_INSTALL} \
    ${KERNEL_EXTRA_INSTALL} \
    ${DEV_SDK_INSTALL} \
    ${EXTRA_TOOLS_INSTALL} \
    ${PYTHON_EXTRA} \
 "

IMAGE_FEATURES += "ssh-server-openssh splash"
As you can see, my image is actually based on (inherits) the OpenEmbedded supplied core-image-minimal image recipe, but I appended all of the additional recipes I need to the IMAGE_INSTALL variable toward the very bottom of my recipe. I organized mine a little bit by breaking the recipes I needed into different user-defined categories variables to be easier to read/maintain. Then I appended those variables to the IMAGE_INSTALL variable.

Hopefully, this will help get you started in the right direction.

-Donald