Quantcast

add GPIO Driver into an image built with Yocto

add GPIO Driver into an image built with Yocto

katutxakurra
Hi everyone,

I have the gumstix console image built with yocto and I want to add the GPIO event driver: http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=GPIO_Event_Driver#Integrating.2FBuilding_with_Open_Embedded to listen for clicked buttons and switch on and off some leds.
I got the recipes from svn but I couldn't figure out how to do the bitbake task-gpio-all. I guess that is because I don't have oe.
I tried to the recipes to yocto/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe but bitbake keeps saying
Nothing Provides 'task-gpio-all'.

It would be great if I could include it directly in the image.
For some reason, opkg wasn't included in the gumstix-console-image. I added it to the local.conf with
IMAGE_INSTALL += "libopkg update-alternatives-cworth opkg-dbg opkg"
but although it's there in the image, it doesn't do anything when you type opkg update or opkg list.
I also added other packages in the same way and they work ok so I'm also missing something ther.

So, what I'm really asking for is to know how can I add
GPIO Driver
opkg
gcc
g++

to my gumstix image.

Thank you very much for your help!

Re: add GPIO Driver into an image built with Yocto

fantajista
Hi, Katu

>I got the recipes from svn but I couldn't figure out how to do the bitbake task-gpio-all. I guess that is because I don't have oe.
>I tried to the recipes to yocto/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe but bitbake keeps saying
>Nothing Provides 'task-gpio-all'.
How about executing "bitbake -b task-gpio-all.bb" ?  And copy generated files to your Gx.
Or you must write "recipe" file to bitbake 'task-gpio-all'.

>So, what I'm really asking for is to know how can I add
>GPIO Driver
>opkg
>gcc
>g++
How about using HOB ? HOB is very useful GUI tool to custom image.