Quantcast

Wifi and bluetooth on >= 3.0 kernels

12

Wifi and bluetooth on >= 3.0 kernels

MiLo
To summarize a few problems with a 3.0 kernel and the wi2wi module on an overo fire (same problems on the air version too):

I would really love to see someone proving me wrong here, because these problems are the reasons I would not recommend anyone to buy any gumstix with a wifi/bluetooth module on it.

- Effective WiFi transfer rate is 1Mbps, and nothing con be done to fix it to some acceptable level.

- Once the libertas_sdio driver module has loaded, the module draws an extra 120mA from the power supply, even if the link is not being used at all. Only workaround is to use GPIO 16 to disable the module, but the module is then unusable until reboot (even though setting the GPIO back re-starts the 120mA drain).

- In ad-hoc mode, the wifi can or will not use encryption at all. No known workaround or fix.

- The module does not respond to any power related iwconfig command, for example "iwconfig wlan0 power off" results in "SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.", just like attempts to set the transfer rate and similar parameters. No workaround or fix available.

- The bluetooth module is limited to 115kbps transfer. This is due to the UART connection between the omap and the module. Any attempt to set a higher baud rate results in failure to communicate with the module, even though bot sides have support for 1Mbps and even higher rates. There is no known workaround of fix for this.

Any comments, suggestions?

The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

MarkJ
I have performed the steps in the Gumstix "Using the Open Embedded Build System for Overo Series" tutorial (http://www.gumstix.org/software-development/open-embedded/61-using-the-open-embedded-build-system.html) exactly as described and have encountered numerous build errors; including the usual flurry of "checksum mismatch" errors.  At least with the checksum mismatch errors, I can work around those (i.e. insert the correct md5sum).

This next one though, I have not been able to figure out yet.  Hopefully someone here will be kind enough to help me out with this.

>>   NOTE: Running task 420 of 803 (ID: 9, /media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch)
>>   --2012-04-27 08:24:28--  http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/git_www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git_0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b.tar.gz

>>  NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task do_fetch: Started
>>  Resolving www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com... 192.xx.xx.xx
>>  Connecting to www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com|192.xx.xx.xxx|:xxxxx... connected.
>>  Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>>  2012-04-27 08:24:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.

>>  fatal: Unable to look up www.sakoman.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
>>  Cloning into /media/devdrive/overo-oe/sources/git/www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git...

>>  NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL   git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.: Failed

>>  ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.' failed
>>  ERROR: Task 9 (/media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

On 04/27/2012 09:05 AM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J wrote:

> I have performed the steps in the Gumstix "Using the Open Embedded Build System for Overo Series" tutorial (http://www.gumstix.org/software-development/open-embedded/61-using-the-open-embedded-build-system.html) exactly as described and have encountered numerous build errors; including the usual flurry of "checksum mismatch" errors.  At least with the checksum mismatch errors, I can work around those (i.e. insert the correct md5sum).
>
> This next one though, I have not been able to figure out yet.  Hopefully someone here will be kind enough to help me out with this.
>
>>>    NOTE: Running task 420 of 803 (ID: 9, /media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch)
>>>    --2012-04-27 08:24:28--  http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/git_www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git_0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b.tar.gz
>>>   NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task do_fetch: Started
>>>   Resolving www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com... 192.xx.xx.xx
>>>   Connecting to www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com|192.xx.xx.xxx|:xxxxx... connected.
>>>   Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>>>   2012-04-27 08:24:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
>>>   fatal: Unable to look up www.sakoman.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
>>>   Cloning into /media/devdrive/overo-oe/sources/git/www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git...
>>>   NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL   git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.: Failed
>>>   ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.' failed
>>>   ERROR: Task 9 (/media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
>

> Thanks

try cleaning the package and "rebuilding" it

bitbake -c clean FailedPackage; bitbake -f FailedPackage

Granted they did give 404 errors but sometimes that works for me even
with a 404. Possibly another thing could be Steve's site is having
maintenance or something like that. Or possibly even could be pulling a
version not in the tree. I do not run into this issue though on my build
machine Ubuntu 10.04

If that does not work you will need to sort out why it's 404'ing
HTH's some

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Chris Dollar
Not this this really is an answer to your question, but I notice that the log shows a connection to a proxy with a private (192.*) address... Perhaps that is a clue to the cause of the problem?

Chris

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM, j <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 04/27/2012 09:05 AM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J wrote:
> I have performed the steps in the Gumstix "Using the Open Embedded Build System for Overo Series" tutorial (http://www.gumstix.org/software-development/open-embedded/61-using-the-open-embedded-build-system.html) exactly as described and have encountered numerous build errors; including the usual flurry of "checksum mismatch" errors.  At least with the checksum mismatch errors, I can work around those (i.e. insert the correct md5sum).
>
> This next one though, I have not been able to figure out yet.  Hopefully someone here will be kind enough to help me out with this.
>
>>>    NOTE: Running task 420 of 803 (ID: 9, /media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch)
>>>    --2012-04-27 08:24:28--  http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/git_www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git_0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b.tar.gz
>>>   NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task do_fetch: Started
>>>   Resolving www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com... 192.xx.xx.xx
>>>   Connecting to www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com|192.xx.xx.xxx|:xxxxx... connected.
>>>   Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>>>   2012-04-27 08:24:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
>>>   fatal: Unable to look up www.sakoman.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
>>>   Cloning into /media/devdrive/overo-oe/sources/git/www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git...
>>>   NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL   git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.: Failed
>>>   ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.' failed
>>>   ERROR: Task 9 (/media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
>

> Thanks

try cleaning the package and "rebuilding" it

bitbake -c clean FailedPackage; bitbake -f FailedPackage

Granted they did give 404 errors but sometimes that works for me even
with a 404. Possibly another thing could be Steve's site is having
maintenance or something like that. Or possibly even could be pulling a
version not in the tree. I do not run into this issue though on my build
machine Ubuntu 10.04

If that does not work you will need to sort out why it's 404'ing
HTH's some

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

MarkJ

Hi j, Hi Chris,

j,

  I have tried several cleaning methods; including “rm –rf tmp”. J

Chris,

   So wouldn’t all package (i.e. tarball) fetches fail then, if the proxy server was the issue?  Well over 100 other tarballs have successfully been fetched.  I’m discovering that it seems to be tarballs associated with the URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/xxxxxxx that are failing, because I just had this one occur:

>>  NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git from any source.: Failed

>>  ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git from any source.' failed

Thanks for your ideas guys!

On 04/27/2012 10:00 AM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J wrote:

Hi j, Hi Chris,

j,

  I have tried several cleaning methods; including “rm –rf tmp”. J

Chris,

   So wouldn’t all package (i.e. tarball) fetches fail then, if the proxy server was the issue?  Well over 100 other tarballs have successfully been fetched.  I’m discovering that it seems to be tarballs associated with the URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/xxxxxxx that are failing, because I just had this one occur:

>>  NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git from any source.: Failed

>>  ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git from any source.' failed

Thanks for your ideas guys!

Have you tried ping'ing it or verifying you can get through, to Steve's site?

I just did a manual clone of the supplied URL and it is in the process of cloning the repo, so does not seem to be down.

Not this this really is an answer to your question, but I notice that the log shows a connection to a proxy with a private (192.*) address... Perhaps that is a clue to the cause of the problem?

Chris

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM, j <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 04/27/2012 09:05 AM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J wrote:
> I have performed the steps in the Gumstix "Using the Open Embedded Build System for Overo Series" tutorial (http://www.gumstix.org/software-development/open-embedded/61-using-the-open-embedded-build-system.html) exactly as described and have encountered numerous build errors; including the usual flurry of "checksum mismatch" errors.  At least with the checksum mismatch errors, I can work around those (i.e. insert the correct md5sum).
>
> This next one though, I have not been able to figure out yet.  Hopefully someone here will be kind enough to help me out with this.
>
>>>    NOTE: Running task 420 of 803 (ID: 9, /media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch)
>>>    --2012-04-27 08:24:28--  http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/git_www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git_0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b.tar.gz
>>>   NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task do_fetch: Started
>>>   Resolving www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com... 192.xx.xx.xx
>>>   Connecting to www-xxx-proxy.xxxxxx.com|192.xx.xx.xxx|:xxxxx... connected.
>>>   Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>>>   2012-04-27 08:24:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
>>>   fatal: Unable to look up www.sakoman.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
>>>   Cloning into /media/devdrive/overo-oe/sources/git/www.sakoman.com.git.u-boot.git...
>>>   NOTE: package u-boot-2011.09+r76+gitr0f331e606c80166c1bfe5cac40dfc0616708f31b-r76: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL   git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.: Failed
>>>   ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/u-boot.git;branch=omap3-v2011.09;protocol=git from any source.' failed
>>>   ERROR: Task 9 (/media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
>

> Thanks

try cleaning the package and "rebuilding" it

bitbake -c clean FailedPackage; bitbake -f FailedPackage

Granted they did give 404 errors but sometimes that works for me even
with a 404. Possibly another thing could be Steve's site is having
maintenance or something like that. Or possibly even could be pulling a
version not in the tree. I do not run into this issue though on my build
machine Ubuntu 10.04

If that does not work you will need to sort out why it's 404'ing
HTH's some

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Kartik Mohta
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi j, Hi Chris,
>

> j,
>
>   I have tried several cleaning methods; including “rm –rf tmp”. J
>

> Chris,
>
>    So wouldn’t all package (i.e. tarball) fetches fail then, if the proxy
> server was the issue?  Well over 100 other tarballs have successfully been
> fetched.  I’m discovering that it seems to be tarballs associated with the
> URL git://www.sakoman.com/git/xxxxxxx that are failing, because I just had
> this one occur:
>

>>>  NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task Fetch failed: Unable to fetch
>>> URL
>>> git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git
>>> from any source.: Failed
>
>>>  ERROR: Function 'Fetch failed: Unable to fetch URL
>>> git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git
>>> from any source.' failed
>

> Thanks for your ideas guys!

Proxy not allowing git ports?

--
Kartik

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Chris Dollar
Most of the fetches done by bitbake do download tarballs, but the recipe you're referring to is trying to do a git clone of a repositoy using the git protocol, which doesn't use a standard HTTP port, so perhaps the proxy you're using doesn't like the git stuff?

Are you indeed configured behind a proxy for your builds?

Can you clone the repo manually? Try this from a terminal and see what you get:

Chris

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:10 AM, j <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>   ERROR: Task 9 (/media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
>

> Thanks

try cleaning the package and "rebuilding" it

bitbake -c clean FailedPackage; bitbake -f FailedPackage

Granted they did give 404 errors but sometimes that works for me even
with a 404. Possibly another thing could be Steve's site is having
maintenance or something like that. Or possibly even could be pulling a
version not in the tree. I do not run into this issue though on my build
machine Ubuntu 10.04

If that does not work you will need to sort out why it's 404'ing
HTH's some

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Hi Chris,

  Yes,  I am behind a proxy server and the server does not play friendly with git URL’s.  So, the answer is, NO, I cannot clone using “git://”.  I always have to clone using “http:”.

  OK, thank you all for your support.  I’ll have to find some other way around this.

> [...]

>>>   ERROR: Task 9 (/media/devdrive/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/u-boot/u-boot_git.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
>

> Thanks

try cleaning the package and "rebuilding" it

bitbake -c clean FailedPackage; bitbake -f FailedPackage

Granted they did give 404 errors but sometimes that works for me even
with a 404. Possibly another thing could be Steve's site is having
maintenance or something like that. Or possibly even could be pulling a
version not in the tree. I do not run into this issue though on my build
machine Ubuntu 10.04

If that does not work you will need to sort out why it's 404'ing
HTH's some

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Trevor Woerner-6
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>   OK, thank you all for your support.  I’ll have to find some other way
> around this.

If, like me, you're using a Linux machine behind a corporate
Windows-based proxy you can try using cntlm and socat to be able to
use git through your proxy.

I've posted the details of how I got this working:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/113130211987114395265/posts/aeARtsfdGQZ
https://plus.google.com/u/0/113130211987114395265/posts/2o8JNHuiozD

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

James Linder

On 28/04/2012, at 5:59 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> You mentioned: "Install ubuntu (say 10.04 because that seems to have least
> problems with BitBake etc) "; will this be installed onto the USB disk drive
> or the PC?
>
> Thanks for warning me; this will keep me positive for the task ahead.

I've never built a bootable USB from a virtual machine, but I believe that it can be done.

What I'd do is this:

Install 10.04 on a real pc
Use the menu option to create a bootable USB

BOOT the usb.

step1 now accomplished.

Get a usb with enough space. Try a 32G usb.
You may need bigger (http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-37101447-Kingston_Datatraveler_R500_128GB_USB_Flash_Drive_%28DTR500_128GB%29)
see they do exist!
Repeat menu build
Boot the usb

use apt-get tools (apt-cache search is your friend) to install a build environment

step2 now accomplished

I'd also consider other USB boot technologies. I've found that some USB sticks are ..s..l..o..w.. and thats a bummer if you just spent $100s getting one.

James

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Alex Gibson-3
On 28/04/2012 3:31 AM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Yes, I am behind a proxy server and the server does not play friendly
> with git URL’s. So, the answer is, NO, I cannot clone using “git://”. I
> always have to clone using “http:”.
>
> OK, thank you all for your support. I’ll have to find some other way
> around this.

We had similar problems until they added firewall rules for git and svn.

Solution was to use my dreamhost hosting account as a proxy server
and tunnel .

Other ones are

setup a machine vm at home, build the full environment , tar up the
whole home directory, then untar on work machine.

Use an online vm

Get your IT guys to set up a local repo of gumstix and angstrom.

Get your it guys to be in charge of doing the setup and initial build.

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

MarkJ
Yep, you are spot on Alex.  I tried several "firewall rules" solutions (i.e. using "socat" and "cntlm") but was unable to get any of those to work at my office.  So, I actually use one of your other suggestions (i.e. "do it from home").

Thanks

On 28/04/2012 3:31 AM, EXT-McGhehey, Mark J wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Yes, I am behind a proxy server and the server does not play friendly
> with git URL's. So, the answer is, NO, I cannot clone using "git://".
> I always have to clone using "http:".
>
> OK, thank you all for your support. I'll have to find some other way
> around this.

We had similar problems until they added firewall rules for git and svn.

Solution was to use my dreamhost hosting account as a proxy server and tunnel .

Other ones are

setup a machine vm at home, build the full environment , tar up the whole home directory, then untar on work machine.

Use an online vm

Get your IT guys to set up a local repo of gumstix and angstrom.

Get your it guys to be in charge of doing the setup and initial build.

Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembedded build failures

Phillip Jones
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Chris Dollar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are you indeed configured behind a proxy for your builds?
>
> Can you clone the repo manually? Try this from a terminal and see what you get:
> git clone git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git

Hi,
I'm having a similar problem as the original poster, but I do not have
any proxy. I keep getting '404 Not Found' error on one specific
file/repo. Based on some info from other google searches, I tried the
following:

bitbake -c clean virtual/kernel
bitbake virtual/kernel

It didn't seem to help as it gets stuck at the same place. I attempted
to manually clone the repo, as you suggested, and that is working. The
bitbake command is frozen at "Cloning into...." while the manual git
clone command is Counting Objects, albeit quite slowly.

========== error message ===========
NOTE: Running task 362 of 697 (ID: 10,
/home/pjones/Projects/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/linux/linux-omap3_git.bb,
do_setscene)
NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task do_setscene: Started
NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task do_setscene: Succeeded
NOTE: Running task 677 of 697 (ID: 8,
/home/pjones/Projects/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/linux/linux-omap3_git.bb,
do_fetch)
NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task do_fetch: Started
--2012-05-23 15:53:08--
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/git_www.sakoman.com.git.linux-omap-2.6.git_33128932803c3f8c35fe8dae257901deb60db2aa.tar.gz
 Resolving www.angstrom-distribution.org
(www.angstrom-distribution.org)... 188.40.83.200
 Connecting to www.angstrom-distribution.org
(www.angstrom-distribution.org)|188.40.83.200|:80... connected.
 2012-05-23 15:53:08 ERROR 404: Not Found.

 Cloning into /home/pjones/Projects/overo-oe/sources/git/www.sakoman.com.git.linux-omap-2.6.git...
========== end error message ===========

Any tips for how to proceed?
-Phillip

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembeddedbuild failures

mathineau
I had the same 404 error message for this recipe. Even if it says err or404,
as long as it says 'Cloning into...' after it, it is working. It may take
some time as this package is particularly huge as it's the Linux kernel.

wrote:
> Are you indeed configured behind a proxy for your builds?
>
> Can you clone the repo manually? Try this from a terminal and see what you
> get:
> git clone
> git://www.sakoman.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git;branch=omap-3.2;protocol=git

Hi,
I'm having a similar problem as the original poster, but I do not have
any proxy. I keep getting '404 Not Found' error on one specific
file/repo. Based on some info from other google searches, I tried the
following:

bitbake -c clean virtual/kernel
bitbake virtual/kernel

It didn't seem to help as it gets stuck at the same place. I attempted
to manually clone the repo, as you suggested, and that is working. The
bitbake command is frozen at "Cloning into...." while the manual git
clone command is Counting Objects, albeit quite slowly.

========== error message ===========
NOTE: Running task 362 of 697 (ID: 10,
/home/pjones/Projects/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/linux/linux-omap3_git.bb,
do_setscene)
NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task do_setscene: Started
NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task do_setscene: Succeeded
NOTE: Running task 677 of 697 (ID: 8,
/home/pjones/Projects/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/linux/linux-omap3_git.bb,
do_fetch)
NOTE: package linux-omap3-3.2-r103: task do_fetch: Started
--2012-05-23 15:53:08--
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/git_www.sakoman.com.git.linux-omap-2.6.git_33128932803c3f8c35fe8dae257901deb60db2aa.tar.gz
Resolving www.angstrom-distribution.org
(www.angstrom-distribution.org)... 188.40.83.200
Connecting to www.angstrom-distribution.org
(www.angstrom-distribution.org)|188.40.83.200|:80... connected.
2012-05-23 15:53:08 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Cloning into
/home/pjones/Projects/overo-oe/sources/git/www.sakoman.com.git.linux-omap-2.6.git...
========== end error message ===========

Any tips for how to proceed?
-Phillip

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstix openembeddedbuild failures

Phillip Jones
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Mathieu Mérineau
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I had the same 404 error message for this recipe. Even if it says err or404,
> as long as it says 'Cloning into...' after it, it is working. It may take
> some time as this package is particularly huge as it's the Linux kernel.

I let it sit for about 30 hours. There was no activity on the network
monitor, so it didn't seem like it was actively downloading anything.

Re: The continuing saga of Gumstixopenembeddedbuild failures

mathineau
And if you try to manually clone the git repo ? I tried this before fetching
with bitbake to see if I was able to connect and get content from the repo.

On 05/24/2012 10:13 AM, Mathieu Mérineau wrote:

> And if you try to manually clone the git repo ? I tried this before fetching
> with bitbake to see if I was able to connect and get content from the repo.

What I do for some fetch issues is
bitbake -c clean FailedFetch
bitbake -c fetch FailedFetch
then once it finishes fetching
bitbake FailedFetch.

HTH
You may also want to look into getting off OE-Classic and go with
Angstrom or Poky with more current packages. There are gumstix layers
and everything just takes a little getting use to the new commands and
different layout. But all in all I am way happier staying on Angstrom
using their setup-scripts then adding in the layers for the overo.

On 25/05/2012 5:18 AM, j wrote:
> On 05/24/2012 10:13 AM, Mathieu Mérineau wrote:
>> And if you try to manually clone the git repo ? I tried this before fetching
>> with bitbake to see if I was able to connect and get content from the repo.
>>

> What I do for some fetch issues is
> bitbake -c clean FailedFetch
> bitbake -c fetch FailedFetch
> then once it finishes fetching
> bitbake FailedFetch.
>
> HTH
> You may also want to look into getting off OE-Classic and go with
> Angstrom or Poky with more current packages. There are gumstix layers
> and everything just takes a little getting use to the new commands and
> different layout. But all in all I am way happier staying on Angstrom
> using their setup-scripts then adding in the layers for the overo.

+1 for angstrom though documentation can be harder to find than for
oe-classic.

Alex

On 05/24/2012 05:00 PM, Alex Gibson wrote:

> On 25/05/2012 5:18 AM, j wrote:
>> On 05/24/2012 10:13 AM, Mathieu Mérineau wrote:
>>> And if you try to manually clone the git repo ? I tried this before fetching
>>> with bitbake to see if I was able to connect and get content from the repo.
>>>
>> What I do for some fetch issues is
>> bitbake -c clean FailedFetch
>> bitbake -c fetch FailedFetch
>> then once it finishes fetching
>> bitbake FailedFetch.
>>
>> HTH
>> You may also want to look into getting off OE-Classic and go with
>> Angstrom or Poky with more current packages. There are gumstix layers
>> and everything just takes a little getting use to the new commands and
>> different layout. But all in all I am way happier staying on Angstrom
>> using their setup-scripts then adding in the layers for the overo.
>>

> +1 for angstrom though documentation can be harder to find than for
> oe-classic.
>
> Alex

I find the yocto poky docs to be the most useful for most OE related
things. But I agree there are still things that are hard to track down
or find.

12