Quantcast

What happened to feeds.sakoman.com ?

Arne Lie

Hi!

Last year I used this site a lot to collect useful binaries, e.g., related to yocto 1.3 and other, for my Gumstix projects. Since then I have been *using* the Gumstix, without "interacting" with the Gumstix related sites. Today I needed a go again, and I can't make this site connect. Is it temporarily down for maintenance, has it moved to a new address, or what? Anybody who knows?

Best regards

Arne

Arne Lie
SINTEF ICT, Dept. of Communication Systems
Post address:    PB 4760 Sluppen, NO-7465 Trondheim, NORWAY
Visitor address: Strindveien 4, N-7034 Trondheim
Dir. phone / mobile: +47 450 20 040
e-mail:

Re: What happened to feeds.sakoman.com ?

Steve Sakoman
The bandwidth expense of providing this free service got to be too
high, so I discontinued it.

Steve

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:55 AM, Arne Lie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> Last year I used this site a lot to collect useful binaries, e.g., related
> to yocto 1.3 and other, for my Gumstix projects. Since then I have been
> *using* the Gumstix, without "interacting" with the Gumstix related sites.
> Today I needed a go again, and I can't make this site connect. Is it
> temporarily down for maintenance, has it moved to a new address, or what?
> Anybody who knows?
>

> Best regards
>

> Arne
>

> Arne Lie
> SINTEF ICT, Dept. of Communication Systems
> Post address:    PB 4760 Sluppen, NO-7465 Trondheim, NORWAY
> Visitor address: Strindveien 4, N-7034 Trondheim
> Dir. phone / mobile: +47 450 20 040
> e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: What happened to feeds.sakoman.com ?

Ash Charles
Hi,

An RPM package repository populated by the Gumstix Yocto build is
available at https://packages.gumstix.com/master.

You can enable this repository within a Yocto image using the following command:
$ smart channel --add gumstix type=rpm-md name="Gumstix Package
Repository" baseurl=https://packages.gumstix.com/master/

I just got the auto-builder pointed at this repository so it is still
populating.

--Ash