Quantcast

Video processing baseboard design -interest?

Video processing baseboard design -interest?

nickw1881
I know a number of us have been working on video processing lately,
and I was considering building my own video development baseboard with
the TVP5151 or TVP5147.  It would be a proper board, similar to a
Tobi, with RJ45, HDMI, USB, and with RCA's for analog audio/video
input.  I would like to use a reputable board maker and assembler like
Sierra Circuits.

It's a bit expensive for a single person to pay for, but if there was
anyone else that would like such a piece of hardware, the more people
who are interested, the cheaper it will be.  You would all get
gerbers, schematics, 3D step models, and bills of materials.  And, if
anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to include it in the design.

We probably need around 10 people for the costs to get down to the
hundred-ish dollar range.  So... is anyone interested?

-Nick

Re: Video processing baseboard design -interest?

rklosinski
I've just completed the same but yet to fabricate it. The board uses a gumstix, TVP5151, Max11503, 10/100 Ethernet, audio paths, serial paths, etc.  The purpose it to be an video/audio/serial decoder as well as encoder.

I know a number of us have been working on video processing lately, and I was considering building my own video development baseboard with the TVP5151 or TVP5147.  It would be a proper board, similar to a Tobi, with RJ45, HDMI, USB, and with RCA's for analog audio/video input.  I would like to use a reputable board maker and assembler like Sierra Circuits.

It's a bit expensive for a single person to pay for, but if there was anyone else that would like such a piece of hardware, the more people who are interested, the cheaper it will be.  You would all get gerbers, schematics, 3D step models, and bills of materials.  And, if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to include it in the design.

We probably need around 10 people for the costs to get down to the hundred-ish dollar range.  So... is anyone interested?

-Nick

Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a single web console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers, databases, vmware, SAP, cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov

Re: Video processing baseboard design -interest?

AKS-4
Hi Nick

Have you tried kickstarter? It seems an interesting way
for crowd sourcing!

On 11/14/12, Nick Wernicke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know a number of us have been working on video processing lately,
> and I was considering building my own video development baseboard with
> the TVP5151 or TVP5147.  It would be a proper board, similar to a
> Tobi, with RJ45, HDMI, USB, and with RCA's for analog audio/video
> input.  I would like to use a reputable board maker and assembler like
> Sierra Circuits.
>
> It's a bit expensive for a single person to pay for, but if there was
> anyone else that would like such a piece of hardware, the more people
> who are interested, the cheaper it will be.  You would all get
> gerbers, schematics, 3D step models, and bills of materials.  And, if
> anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to include it in the design.
>
> We probably need around 10 people for the costs to get down to the
> hundred-ish dollar range.  So... is anyone interested?
>
> -Nick

Re: Video processing baseboard design -interest?

bhamadicharef
I would be interested, need to see the schematics first to
Assess how useful it will be to me.
Would want to make sure gpio are exposed to make
Possible future extensions like IR, GPS,  LCD/DVI, and
GPMC, High freq sampling 250khz sort of range ...

PM me if you want ...

Brahim