Verdex - 24 pin connector

Jon Hylands

Hi guys,

So, I ordered a flex cable and the corresponding 24-pin connector so I
could hook up the second host USB port on my verdex.

I'm assuming the connector is numbered 1 - 24 from left to right as you are
looking at the board, with the connector at the top right, and the 120 pin
connector at the bottom left.

http://www.bioloid.info/Verdex-24-pin.jpg

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jon

Re: Verdex - 24 pin connector

Gordon Kruberg
Yes: your image is correct.  Pin24 is nearest the mounting hole.
Gordon

Jon Hylands wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> So, I ordered a flex cable and the corresponding 24-pin connector so I
> could hook up the second host USB port on my verdex.
>
> I'm assuming the connector is numbered 1 - 24 from left to right as you are
> looking at the board, with the connector at the top right, and the 120 pin
> connector at the bottom left.
>
> http://www.bioloid.info/Verdex-24-pin.jpg
>
> Is that correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Re: Verdex - 24 pin connector

Marc Nicholas-2
To add to that...be careful with what "Flex" ribbons you order...some "flip"!

-marc

Jon Hylands wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> So, I ordered a flex cable and the corresponding 24-pin connector so I
> could hook up the second host USB port on my verdex.
>
> I'm assuming the connector is numbered 1 - 24 from left to right as you are
> looking at the board, with the connector at the top right, and the 120 pin
> connector at the bottom left.
>
> http://www.bioloid.info/Verdex-24-pin.jpg
>
> Is that correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Re: Verdex - 24 pin connector

Philippe NAHOUM
HI

where i can buy a 24 pin flex cable ?

Thanks
Philippe

2007/5/16, Gordon Kruberg <[hidden email]>:

> Yes: your image is correct.  Pin24 is nearest the mounting hole.
> Gordon
>
> Jon Hylands wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > So, I ordered a flex cable and the corresponding 24-pin connector so I
> > could hook up the second host USB port on my verdex.
> >
> > I'm assuming the connector is numbered 1 - 24 from left to right as you are
> > looking at the board, with the connector at the top right, and the 120 pin
> > connector at the bottom left.
> >
> > http://www.bioloid.info/Verdex-24-pin.jpg
> >
> > Is that correct?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon

Re: Verdex - 24 pin connector

Marc Nicholas-2
Digikey. I can dig out some part numbers for you later on if you like.

-marc

On 5/16/07, Philippe NAHOUM <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI

where i can buy a 24 pin flex cable ?

Thanks
Philippe

2007/5/16, Gordon Kruberg <[hidden email]>:
> Yes: your image is correct.  Pin24 is nearest the mounting hole.
> Gordon
>
> Jon Hylands wrote:

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > So, I ordered a flex cable and the corresponding 24-pin connector so I
> > could hook up the second host USB port on my verdex.
> >
> > I'm assuming the connector is numbered 1 - 24 from left to right as you are
> > looking at the board, with the connector at the top right, and the 120 pin
> > connector at the bottom left.
> >
> > http://www.bioloid.info/Verdex-24-pin.jpg
> >
> > Is that correct?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon

Re: Verdex - 24 pin connector

Jon Hylands
On Wed, 16 May 2007 08:22:38 +0200, "Philippe NAHOUM"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> where i can buy a 24 pin flex cable ?

The ones I got are:

flex connector: HFK124CT-ND
flex cable: HFF-24U-03-ND

>From Digikey. They should arrive this morning, so I'll let you know if
there are any problems...

Later,
Jon

Re: Verdex - 24 pin connector

Jon Hylands
On Wed, 16 May 2007 07:37:08 -0400, Jon Hylands <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The ones I got are:
>
> flex connector: HFK124CT-ND
> flex cable: HFF-24U-03-ND
>
> >From Digikey. They should arrive this morning, so I'll let you know if
> there are any problems...

Okay, I just got my Digikey order, and the connector is identical to the
one on the gumstix.

http://www.bioloid.info/Verdex-Flex-Connector.jpg

The flex cable is 3" long, and it looks right for the job as well...

Later,
Jon