Quantcast

Using GSM module and Android

Yoni Weizenberg

Hello,
I'm searching the web for product which can provide Android and GSM support.

Gumstix run android, but what about GSM module? There is any project which apply the followed terms?

Thank you,
Yoni.

Re: Using GSM module and Android

bhamadicharef
Maybe interfacing the Gumstix with one of these modules ...
https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=GSM&what=products

Brahim

Re: Using GSM module and Android

Yoni Weizenberg

Hi,
Thank you, but I dont want to rewrite drivers or write my own because Im short of time.

Do you know any project which implements this for android?

Thanks
Yoni

On Sep 12, 2012 7:11 PM, "bhamadicharef" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe interfacing the Gumstix with one of these modules ...
https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=GSM&what=products

Brahim

Re: Using GSM module and Android

Elvis Dowson-2
Hi,
      Check out the Flow G1.55 sources, it should have support for a GSM module. The GSM modules typically use a serial interface, and should be supported in the android stack. The Flow G1.55 sources should give you an example of how to do this.

Also checkout alwaysinnovating.com, they also have android platforms with GSM units.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

On Sep 12, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Yoni Weizenberg wrote:

Hi,
Thank you, but I dont want to rewrite drivers or write my own because Im short of time.

Do you know any project which implements this for android?

Thanks
Yoni

On Sep 12, 2012 7:11 PM, "bhamadicharef" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe interfacing the Gumstix with one of these modules ...
https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=GSM&what=products

Brahim

Re: Using GSM module and Android

Yoni Weizenberg

Hi
Thank you very much! This exactly what I searched for.

Flow project can support cheaper gsm module then the UC864-G?

Do you know one?

Thanks.