__UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY__ ?

Heilpern, Mark

Environment: Verdex buildroot, rev 1352, gcc4.1.1

I’m trying to build Qtopia 4.3RC1, and I’m running into a problem. One of its classes has an index() method, which is being shadowed by the index #define in string.h. Looking in this header file, I see that if __UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY__ is defined, the index() macro is not defined and instead it’s a normal function. However, I see that this is not simply something I can #define, as bits/uClibc_config.h #undef’s it. (And, presumably, under my current configuration there isn’t an index() library function.)

Does anyone know what toolchain config option I need to set/clear in “make menuconfig” to enable this legacy support? Will I have to go to an older compiler?

This wasn’t an issue under the 3.4.5 toolchain I was using for connex builds.

NOTE: The information in this message is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. To the extent the recipient(s) is/are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, or other agreement that contains an obligation of confidentiality, with AuthenTec, then this message and/or any attachments shall be considered confidential information and subject to the confidentiality terms of that agreement.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient named above, you are notified that you have received this document in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please delete the original message and notify the sender immediately.

Thank you.

 AuthenTec, Inc.  http://www.authentec.com

Re: __UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY__ ?

Chris Dollar
Hi Mark,

That is something you need to enable in uClibc.  This wiki page has
instructions on how to add stuff to uClibc and rebuild it
http://docwiki.gumstix.org/NFS

On a side note, I was playing around with compiling
qtopia-core-opensource 4.2.2 and did eventually get it all to compile.
 Once I moved it all over to the gumstix and ran some of the sample
programs all I could get it to display was a cursor in the center of
the screen - nothing else.  I had qt-embedded 3 compiled/installed on
my gumstix ~1yr ago and even back then I could get the sample programs
to work, so I'm not sure what is going on with 4.2.2 now...

Chris

On 5/16/07, Heilpern, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Environment: Verdex buildroot, rev 1352, gcc4.1.1
>
> I'm trying to build Qtopia 4.3RC1, and I'm running into a problem. One of
> its classes has an index() method, which is being shadowed by the index
> #define in string.h. Looking in this header file, I see that if
> __UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY__ is defined, the index() macro is not defined and
> instead it's a normal function. However, I see that this is not simply
> something I can #define, as bits/uClibc_config.h #undef's it. (And,
> presumably, under my current configuration there isn't an index() library
> function.)
>

> Does anyone know what toolchain config option I need to set/clear in "make
> menuconfig" to enable this legacy support? Will I have to go to an older
> compiler?
>

> This wasn't an issue under the 3.4.5 toolchain I was using for connex
> builds.
>

>  ________________________________
>  NOTE: The information in this message is intended for the personal and
> confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. To the extent
> the recipient(s) is/are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, or other
> agreement that contains an obligation of confidentiality, with AuthenTec,
> then this message and/or any attachments shall be considered confidential
> information and subject to the confidentiality terms of that agreement.  If
> the reader of this message is not the intended recipient named above, you
> are notified that you have received this document in error, and any review,
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please delete the
> original message and notify the sender immediately.
>

> Thank you.
>
>  AuthenTec, Inc.  http://www.authentec.com

Re: __UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY__ ?

divashin
Yes, you have to recompile uclibc with SUSV3 support.

>Once I moved it all over to the gumstix and ran some of the sample
>programs all I could get it to display was a cursor in the center of
>the screen - nothing else.

Qtopia-opensourse-4.2.2 and 4.2.3 works fine for me.

Re: __UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY__ ?

Heilpern, Mark
Thanks much... that pointed me exactly where I needed to be.