Quantcast

U-Boot 2012.07 & 2012.10

JamesAng
Hi all,

Regarding U-Boot 2012.07 & 2012.10 running on Overo IronSTORM DM3730, from the bootlog message

"OMAP36XX/37XX-GP ES1.2, CPU-OPP2, L3-165MHz, Max CPU Clock 1 Ghz"

How can I print out the actual running CPU clock and the associating L3 clock & IVA clock?
I looked at the code and the string for L3 is static at 165MHz.

Since the IronSTORM is paired with a Micron 200MHz LPDDR, I was expecting the message to show
"L3-200MHz" instead.

Can someone advice how I can patch U-Boot to show the real configured values dynamically?

Thanks in adv.

James

Re: U-Boot 2012.07 & 2012.10

Ash Charles
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM, James Ang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Since the IronSTORM is paired with a Micron 200MHz LPDDR, I was expecting
> the message to show
> "L3-200MHz" instead.
In the default configuration, u-boot underclocks the memory  to 165MHz
for stability.

Re: U-Boot 2012.07 & 2012.10

JamesAng
Ash Charles wrote
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM, James Ang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Since the IronSTORM is paired with a Micron 200MHz LPDDR, I was expecting
> the message to show
> "L3-200MHz" instead.
In the default configuration, u-boot underclocks the memory  to 165MHz
for stability.
Hi Ash,

but from the Git log, http://git.sakoman.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=5da8247817df2f79b1fd80d48eae58765b6553d5
It is already moved to 200MHz.

From the kernel bootlog with v2012.07 & v2012.10,
"Clocking rate (Crystal/Core/MPU): 26.0/400/600 MHz
Reprogramming SDRC clock to 400000000 Hz"

Using the old X-loader v1.5.1 + U-Boot v2011.09, the kernel bootlog is
"Clocking rate (Crystal/Core/MPU): 26.0/332/600 MHz
Reprogramming SDRC clock to 332000000 Hz"

Am I getting this wrongly interpreted? (^^,)
Thus,  what can I add to print a debug string to show the running L3 clock instead of the static number?

James Ang.

Re: U-Boot 2012.07 & 2012.10

bhamadicharef