Quantcast

Tobi w/ Backup Battery Not Holding Time

Michael Lindemuth
Hey All,

I'm using the most up to release date build with Yocto and kernel 3.5 on an Overo Fire FE with a Tobi daughter board.  I have also installed a Panasonic ML-621S/ZTN coin cell in the Tobi board.  For some reason though, the real time clock gets reset every time I pull power.  NTPD starts up, but I have to kill it and run ntpdate every time I boot up to get the most current time.  Am I doing something wrong?

I remember on the old Verdex boards you had to unsolder a component (a resistor, I think) to get the backup battery to work.  Is this the case with the Tobi boards also?

Re: Tobi w/ Backup Battery Not Holding Time

Alexander Thomas-8
As far as I remember, you need to configure something in the kernel to enable the charging current. There has been a discussion about this not so long ago, so try searching in the archives of this mailinglist.

Alexander

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Michael Lindemuth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey All,

I'm using the most up to release date build with Yocto and kernel 3.5 on an
Overo Fire FE with a Tobi daughter board.  I have also installed a Panasonic
ML-621S/ZTN coin cell in the Tobi board.  For some reason though, the real
time clock gets reset every time I pull power.  NTPD starts up, but I have
to kill it and run ntpdate every time I boot up to get the most current
time.  Am I doing something wrong?

I remember on the old Verdex boards you had to unsolder a component (a
resistor, I think) to get the backup battery to work.  Is this the case with
the Tobi boards also?

Alexander Thomas
Research Engineer

eSATURNUS