Syncing RTC (DS1340) with system time

nswieder
I'm having trouble getting my the Geppetto RTC Module (a DS1340) to sync with my Yocto Linux Build's OS time.

I can read/write the chip using i2cget/i2cwrite.

Is there a way to have the OS automatically sync with this chip?

Nicholas Wieder
Senior Electrical Engineer

NOTICE: This electronic communication, (including any attachments) is intended exclusively for the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. It may contain sensitive, restricted, or proprietary information. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Furthermore, this communication may contain technical information that is subject to U.S. Export Control Laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Dept. of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR). If so, transfer to a foreign national or representative of a foreign government or interest, even in the U.S., without prior Government authorization is prohibited and violation of such Export Control Laws is subject to significant penalties. If you have received this communication in error, please notify its sender immediately by replying and then permanently delete this communication from your IT system.

Re: Syncing RTC (DS1340) with system time

Akram Hameed
Hi Nicholas,

You need to rebuild your kernel after setting this config item: http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/RTC_DRV_DS1307.html

Once that's done, and the following are also set, the kernel should automatically set system time for you at boot:

CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS=y

CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS_DEVICE="rtc0"

Cheers,

Akram