Quantcast

Strange visual artefacts on new LCD with Chestnut/Overo

Strange visual artefacts on new LCD with Chestnut/Overo

Christian Ruocco

Hi there,

We're using the new Samsung LMS430HF14 screen for our project runs in 32-bit color mode. We've noticed with this new screen that the bottom horizontal line of pixels on the screen is displayed in the wrong color. When the screen is black, the line is red.   We've seen a green line two once the content on the screen changes.   If we put the old LG screen back in,  no problem.

We thought it might be a defect of the LCD so we tried another new Samsung one and same story.  We've also tried with new Chestnut boards we bought a few months ago and much older existing stock, same problem.

I am going to dig further. Trying other color modes and updating the kernel and such.  Just wondered if there were any similar issues people are aware of to speed up this process of solving this.

I can't see how my code could be responsible in any way since it's just the LCD that we're swapping out.

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Strange visual artefacts on new LCD with Chestnut/Overo

David Rebbe-4
Christian,

If the color changes with temperature, try changing the resolution
(480x272) to 480x273. I believe its in a .y_res parameter in a
omap_video_timings struct in the kernel source.