Quantcast

[Solved] Package containing /usr/include/alsa

[Solved] Package containing /usr/include/alsa

I'm having a problem finding the Yocto/OE package to include in an
image to get the sound development header files normally found in

/usr/include/alsa

The sound library, libasound.so, coming from package alsa-lib is
installed okay. Just not the dev headers from the same package.

I thought alsa-lib-dev would do it but no joy.

At this point I'm up to the following list, still with no joy.

ALSA_TOOLS = " \
    alsa-conf \
    alsa-conf-base \
    alsa-server \
    alsa-lib-dbg \
    alsa-lib-dev \
    alsa-lib \
    alsa-dev \
    alsa \
    alsa-tools \
    alsa-utils \
    libasound2 \
    libasound2-dev \
 "

I can install them manually, but that's not very convenient.

Anyone know the correct package?

Re: Package containing /usr/include/alsa

Jeff DeFouw-2
On 5/7/2013 7:56 PM, Scott Ellis wrote:
> I'm having a problem finding the Yocto/OE package to include in an
> image to get the sound development header files normally found in
>
> /usr/include/alsa

My old oe-classic and the latest oe-core recipes assign /usr/include to alsa-dev.

--
Jeff DeFouw <[hidden email]>
Programmer

Re: Package containing /usr/include/alsa

Scott Ellis
PEBKAC ;-)

I wasn't including ${ALSA_TOOLS} in the IMAGE_INSTALL

Thanks Jeff.