Quantcast

[Solved][OpenCV] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr24.

[Solved][OpenCV] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr24.

Thormodo

I finished installing OpenCV today on my Gumstix. (Just by installing all the required packages (opencv, ffmpeg, libx264-dev etcetera) via opkg). After that I native compiled a piece of code.

Now everything seems to work okayish, as I can process an image and display it etc.

Because I want to use the Caspa Camera later (it's not here yet), I tried to grab a frame from an .avi file and save it. Now I do get the captured frame saved, but I also get the warning below (per frame that I take).

[Swscaler @ 0xaef00] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr24.

Now on the PC I fixed this warning by compiling and reinstalling x264, libx264-dev, and ffmpeg like so:

Then installing OpenCV like so:
http://www.samontab.com/web/2010/04/installing-opencv-2-1-in-ubuntu/

(As suggested by this post:
This problem is basically an issue converting YUV to RGB using ffmpeg, in order for it to work ffmpeg needs to be recompiled with x264. To get around it use the following to recompile ffmpeg and OpenCV 2.1/2.2:
http://alexsleat.co.uk/2011/01/09/how-to-fix-no-accelerated-colorspace-conversion-found-from-yuv420p-to-bgr24-opencv-2-2-0-ubuntu-10-10/ )

So my question is, has anyone used OpenCV  on the Gumstix and has seen this warning before and knows how to fix it?

Thanks,
Maarten

Re: [OpenCV] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr24.

Thormodo
This post was updated on .
Maybe not needed to "kick" this topic up. But turned out that this problem only occurs when trying to capture from an .avi file (as the Caspa camera (obviously) captures in a different format). I just received my Caspa camera today and everything (as far as I can tell at the moment) works great. (As far as I can tell at the moment).
Display the captures frames in an image I get 12.5 fps, By not displaying anything, but just constantly capturing the images I get around 31.5 fps. This is with auto exposure disabled and just using OpenCV.

So if anyone has any questions regarding OpenCV on Gumstix feel free to ask. When I'm done with my assignment, I can post my "findings" somewhere if people like that.

Thormodo wrote
Hello,

[...]

Thanks,
Maarten

Re: [OpenCV] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr24.

Alex Gibson-3
Haven't had any problems using a logitech webcam with opencv in c and c++.

haven't had time to get py opencv setup properly yet.

Would be a good idea to post it up as a wiki page.

Alex

> Maybe not needed to "kick" this topic up. But turned out that this problem
> only occurs when trying to capture from an .avi file (as the Caspa camera
> (obviously) captures in a different format). I just received my Caspa
> camera
> today and everything works great.
>
> So if anyone has any questions regarding OpenCV on Gumstix feel free to
> ask.
> When I'm done with my assignment, I can post my "findings" somewhere if
> people like that.
>

> Thormodo wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I finished installing OpenCV today on my Gumstix. (Just by installing
>> all
>> the required packages (opencv, ffmpeg, libx264-dev etcetera) via opkg).
>> After that I native compiled a piece of code.
>>
>> Now everything seems to work okayish, as I can process an image and
>> display it etc.
>>
>> Because I want to use the Caspa Camera later (it's not here yet), I
>> tried
>> to grab a frame from an .avi file and save it. Now I do get the captured
>> frame saved, but I also get the warning below (per frame that I take).
>>
>> [Swscaler @ 0xaef00] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from
>> yuv420p to bgr24.
>>
>> Now on the PC I fixed this warning by compiling and reinstalling x264,
>> libx264-dev, and ffmpeg like so:
>>
>> Then installing OpenCV like so:
>> http://www.samontab.com/web/2010/04/installing-opencv-2-1-in-ubuntu/
>>
>> (As suggested by this post:
>> This problem is basically an issue converting YUV to RGB using ffmpeg,
>> in
>> order for it to work ffmpeg needs to be recompiled with x264. To get
>> around it use the following to recompile ffmpeg and OpenCV 2.1/2.2:
>> http://alexsleat.co.uk/2011/01/09/how-to-fix-no-accelerated-colorspace-conversion-found-from-yuv420p-to-bgr24-opencv-2-2-0-ubuntu-10-10/
>> )
>>
>> So my question is, has anyone used OpenCV  on the Gumstix and has seen
>> this warning before and knows how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Maarten

Re: [OpenCV] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr24.

sfurrow88
Thormodo,

Have you been able to get a video stream from the caspa camera using OpenCV? I can stream using this command from the terminal:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video6

However, I can't seem to get anything to work through an OpenCV program. I am just trying to get a video stream and display it, then eventually start doing some processing. Could you please show me how you got this working if you did?

Thanks,
Shawn