Quantcast

Serial comms to a VCP on a Linux host

rgw1001

I’ve made some progress on this.  It seems that the VCP appears as /dev/ttyACM0, which means I can open a PuTTY session using this as the serial line without getting a fatal error message.  However, I can’t send anything from PuTTY  to the Gumstix.  If I send from the command line e.g. echo ‘some_command’ > /dev/ttyACM0 , my receiver sees ‘some_command’ plus whatever I previously had typed into PuTTY .  I think PuTTY  might be failing to send \n which my receiver needs to start processing a command.  I’ve tried Implicit LF in every CR.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Woodham

Thermoteknix Systems Limited
Teknix House, 2 Pembroke Avenue, Waterbeach, Cambridge CB25 9QR, England
Tel. +44 1223 204037

Fax  +44 1223 204001

webpage: <a href="blocked::http://www.thermoteknix.com/" title="blocked::http://www.thermoteknix.com/&#10;blocked::r.kandziora@thermoteknix.co.uk">www.thermoteknix.com

The Queen's Award for Enterprise 2015: Innovation

Thermoteknix Systems Ltd is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01624251.

Registered office: 6th Floor, Cardinal House, 20 St Mary's Parsonage, Manchester M3 2LG