Quantcast

Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

Hapgood, Ryan (STRX)

From Samsung:

“I checked the LCD production status.

As I mentioned, we will stop to produce this soon because of  focusing on OLED, so we can't support you this time.

I am sorry that I have to do this. Thanks.”

Before I begin the search for a replacement part can anyone recommend one (pin compatible)? What will Gumstix be selling now?

Cheers,

Ryan.

PROPRIETARY: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the authority by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

Don Anderson
Hi Ryan

We're looking into this Samsung 4.3" LCD screen obsolescence and replacement product, too.

Will update as soon as possible.

Don Anderson
@ Gumstix
==============

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Hapgood, Ryan (STRX) <[hidden email]> wrote:

From Samsung:

“I checked the LCD production status.

As I mentioned, we will stop to produce this soon because of  focusing on OLED, so we can't support you this time.

I am sorry that I have to do this. Thanks.”

Before I begin the search for a replacement part can anyone recommend one (pin compatible)? What will Gumstix be selling now?

Cheers,

Ryan.

PROPRIETARY: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the authority by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

bhamadicharef
Would be also interesting to source some LCD
with larger resolution screens like 800x600 ?

Brahim

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

Neil MacMunn
Hi all,

We are currently looking for a replacement screen and will keep everyone posted on any developments as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience. If anyone is using a display that we should consider, I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks,

-
Neil

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM, bhamadicharef <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would be also interesting to source some LCD
with larger resolution screens like 800x600 ?

Brahim

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

James Linder
Neil

I'm sure that these *can* be made to work, I just have not had time to try.
I think it'd be really kewl if gumstix said 'I do' to this range. Many people have asked over the years (for a bigger than 4.3")
so starting at 7" seems a good option.

http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/mimo-720-s

James

> An EOL notice for the 4.3" Samsung LCD has been posted.
>
> http://gumstix.org/hardware-design/product-changes-known-issues-a-eol/68-end-of-life-notices/241-eol-notice-samsung-4-3-inch-lcd-touch-screens.html
>
> We are currently looking for a replacement screen and will keep everyone
> posted on any developments as soon as possible. Apologies for any
> inconvenience. If anyone is using a display that we should consider, I'd be
> happy to take a look.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -
> Neil

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

Neil MacMunn
Hi James,

Thanks for the link, that looks like a pretty cool product. Can you just plug it into a Tobi USB port or does it require special connectivity?

-
Neil

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM, James Linder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Neil

I'm sure that these *can* be made to work, I just have not had time to try.
I think it'd be really kewl if gumstix said 'I do' to this range. Many people have asked over the years (for a bigger than 4.3")
so starting at 7" seems a good option.

http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/mimo-720-s

James

> An EOL notice for the 4.3" Samsung LCD has been posted.
>
> http://gumstix.org/hardware-design/product-changes-known-issues-a-eol/68-end-of-life-notices/241-eol-notice-samsung-4-3-inch-lcd-touch-screens.html
>
> We are currently looking for a replacement screen and will keep everyone
> posted on any developments as soon as possible. Apologies for any
> inconvenience. If anyone is using a display that we should consider, I'd be
> happy to take a look.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -
> Neil

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

JamesAng
Neil,

Are you able to get hold of Samsung latest OLED Flexible Display?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Neil MacMunn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We are currently looking for a replacement screen and will keep everyone posted on any developments as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience. If anyone is using a display that we should consider, I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks,

-
Neil

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM, bhamadicharef <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would be also interesting to source some LCD
with larger resolution screens like 800x600 ?

Brahim

James

Re: Samsung 4.3 inch LCD Touch Screen (LMS430HF26) Obsolescence

Kevyn-Alexandre Paré
Ouch just seen this,

We have a product that depends on that 4.3 inch LCD & chestnut43. Is it possible to know how many display you still have in stock?

The chestnut43 overview doesn't mention that about the samsung display could be interested to update:
https://store.gumstix.com/index.php/products/237/

Do you have update with what screen you will replace it? Or do you have any suggestion for 4.3 screen that are equivalent?

BR,

-Kevyn-Alexandre Paré

http://p.sf.net/sfu/symantec-dev2dev