Quantcast

[SOLVED] overo screen rotation question

imato
This post was updated on .
Hi there,

I want to use my LG 4.3" screen in portrait orientation. I am using omap console image on my fire COM.
After doing some research in this forum, I found I need to add "omabfp.rotate=1" to the kernel arguments.
But it doesn't work!

can anyone tell me if i need to do other setup to rotate the screen, please?
Thanks in advance.

Here is my boot environment:
-----------------------------------
Overo # printenv
bootcmd=if mmc init; then if run loadbootscript; then run bootscript; else if run loaduimage; then run mmcboot; else run nandboot; fi; fi; else run nandboot; fi
bootdelay=5
baudrate=115200
loadaddr=0x82000000
console=ttyS2,115200n8
mpurate=500
vram=12M
dvimode=1024x768MR-16@60
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
mmcrootfstype=ext3 rootwait
nandroot=/dev/mtdblock4 rw
nandrootfstype=jffs2
loadbootscript=fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} boot.scr
bootscript=echo Running bootscript from mmc ...; source ${loadaddr}
loaduimage=fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} uImage
mmcboot=echo Booting from mmc ...; run mmcargs; bootm ${loadaddr}
nandboot=echo Booting from nand ...; run nandargs; nand read ${loadaddr} 280000 400000; bootm ${loadaddr}
dieid#=0ef000040000000004035c140d002011
ethact=smc911x-0
defaultdisplay=lcd43
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=ttyS2,115200n8 mpurate=500 vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1024x768MR-16@60 omapfb.debug=y omapdss.def_disp=lcd43 omabfp.rotate=1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait
nandargs=setenv bootargs console=ttyS2,115200n8 mpurate=500 vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1024x768MR-16@60 omapfb.debug=y omapdss.def_disp=lcd43 omabfp.rotate=1 root=/dev/mtdblock4 rw rootfstype=jffs2
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

Environment size: 1232/131068 bytes

Re: overo screen rotation question

Neil MacMunn
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM, imato <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to use my LG 4.3" screen in portrait orientation. I am using omap
> console image on my fire COM.
> After doing some research in this forum, I found I need to add
> "omabfp.rotate=1" to the kernel arguments.
> But it doesn't work!

You have a mistake in your argument - it should be omapfb.rotate=1

I suspect that you will also have to change the display resolution,
but I haven't tried.

-
Neil

Re: overo screen rotation question

imato
Thanks Neil, it works :)

--------------------------
Kind Regards
Cooper  : )

On 17 April 2012 03:44, Neil MacMunn [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM, imato <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to use my LG 4.3" screen in portrait orientation. I am using omap
> console image on my fire COM.
> After doing some research in this forum, I found I need to add
> "omabfp.rotate=1" to the kernel arguments.
> But it doesn't work!

You have a mistake in your argument - it should be omapfb.rotate=1

I suspect that you will also have to change the display resolution,
but I haven't tried.

-
Neil

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/SOLVED-overo-screen-rotation-question-tp4842357p4887064.html
To unsubscribe from [SOLVED] overo screen rotation question, click here.