Quantcast

Robovero unresponsive

Brett Hemes
I recently purchased an Overo Fire with a robovero board and have managed to get Ubuntu (natty) up and running with wifi from a sd card.  Up until this point the robovero was only necessary for the console port and power.

Moving on I am now trying to access the robovero's functionality and am having issues.  First of all I do not see it in the dev folder (niether in angstrom or ubuntu).  Further investigation I realized I never get a heartbeat (or any led action except for a solid green next to the usb).

I think something is wrong with the board itself or that the firmware is missing.  I can see the jtag so maybe I can get new firmware onto it....

Anyone else have this issue or possibly know what is wrong?

Thanks much,
Brett

Re: Robovero unresponsive

Roger Unwin
Is IC6 (near the power jack) on yours really hot to the touch when the board is powered?

On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recently purchased an Overo Fire with a robovero board and have managed to get Ubuntu (natty) up and running with wifi from a sd card.  Up until this point the robovero was only necessary for the console port and power.
>
> Moving on I am now trying to access the robovero's functionality and am having issues.  First of all I do not see it in the dev folder (niether in angstrom or ubuntu).  Further investigation I realized I never get a heartbeat (or any led action except for a solid green next to the usb).
>
> I think something is wrong with the board itself or that the firmware is missing.  I can see the jtag so maybe I can get new firmware onto it....
>
> Anyone else have this issue or possibly know what is wrong?
>
> Thanks much,
> Brett

Re: Robovero unresponsive

Brett Hemes
Hey Roger,

I saw your post right after I submitted mine; seems to be the same problem.

Regarding the heat, I don't recall this happening.  I touched most of the components around the power jack yesterday and all was well.  I will check again when I get home...

Brett

On Sunday, August 28, 2011, Roger Unwin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is IC6 (near the power jack) on yours really hot to the touch when the board is powered?
>

> On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased an Overo Fire with a robovero board and have managed to get Ubuntu (natty) up and running with wifi from a sd card.  Up until this point the robovero was only necessary for the console port and power.
>>
>> Moving on I am now trying to access the robovero's functionality and am having issues.  First of all I do not see it in the dev folder (niether in angstrom or ubuntu).  Further investigation I realized I never get a heartbeat (or any led action except for a solid green next to the usb).
>>
>> I think something is wrong with the board itself or that the firmware is missing.  I can see the jtag so maybe I can get new firmware onto it....
>>
>> Anyone else have this issue or possibly know what is wrong?
>>
>> Thanks much,
>> Brett

Re: Robovero unresponsive

Brett Hemes
OK correction, IC6 is uncomfortably hot to the touch but even hotter is IC3 on the bottom of the board (the lcp1769).... I actually just burned myself on it.

On Sunday, August 28, 2011, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Roger,
>
> I saw your post right after I submitted mine; seems to be the same problem.
>
> Regarding the heat, I don't recall this happening.  I touched most of the components around the power jack yesterday and all was well.  I will check again when I get home...
>
> Brett
>
> On Sunday, August 28, 2011, Roger Unwin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is IC6 (near the power jack) on yours really hot to the touch when the board is powered?
>>

>> On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently purchased an Overo Fire with a robovero board and have managed to get Ubuntu (natty) up and running with wifi from a sd card.  Up until this point the robovero was only necessary for the console port and power.
>>>
>>> Moving on I am now trying to access the robovero's functionality and am having issues.  First of all I do not see it in the dev folder (niether in angstrom or ubuntu).  Further investigation I realized I never get a heartbeat (or any led action except for a solid green next to the usb).
>>>
>>> I think something is wrong with the board itself or that the firmware is missing.  I can see the jtag so maybe I can get new firmware onto it....
>>>
>>> Anyone else have this issue or possibly know what is wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks much,
>>> Brett

Re: Robovero unresponsive

Brett Hemes
Now the robovero won't even power the overo.  I plug it in and then the green light on the overo between the two blue leds just flashes at about 3Hz....   I hope the overo is not damaged.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK correction, IC6 is uncomfortably hot to the touch but even hotter is IC3 on the bottom of the board (the lcp1769).... I actually just burned myself on it.

On Sunday, August 28, 2011, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Roger,
>
> I saw your post right after I submitted mine; seems to be the same problem.
>
> Regarding the heat, I don't recall this happening.  I touched most of the components around the power jack yesterday and all was well.  I will check again when I get home...
>
> Brett
>
> On Sunday, August 28, 2011, Roger Unwin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is IC6 (near the power jack) on yours really hot to the touch when the board is powered?
>>

>> On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Brett Hemes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently purchased an Overo Fire with a robovero board and have managed to get Ubuntu (natty) up and running with wifi from a sd card.  Up until this point the robovero was only necessary for the console port and power.
>>>
>>> Moving on I am now trying to access the robovero's functionality and am having issues.  First of all I do not see it in the dev folder (niether in angstrom or ubuntu).  Further investigation I realized I never get a heartbeat (or any led action except for a solid green next to the usb).
>>>
>>> I think something is wrong with the board itself or that the firmware is missing.  I can see the jtag so maybe I can get new firmware onto it....
>>>
>>> Anyone else have this issue or possibly know what is wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks much,
>>> Brett

Re: Robovero unresponsive

JaredAlan
Hey Brett,

I am having the same issue. What ended up happening?

--
Jared